[NEohioPAL] What FPAC alumni have been in professional productions? / Fairmount Performing Arts Camp - summer programs for ages 7 - college, and a special one week adult workshop

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:04:37 PST 2008

*entering our 5th season!
*
Fairmount Performing Arts Camp
OUR TRAINING WILL HELP YOU GET CAST IN PROFESSIONAL THEATRE PRODUCTIONS

- most of the young people who participated in The Cleveland Playhouse's
three productions of *A Christmas Story* trained at FPAC, including Cody
Swanson, Alex Biats, Angie Holecko, Naomi Hill, Billy Lawrence, Alex Mayes,
Louie Rosenbaum, David Ludick, Adam Hass-Hill, Lisandra Stebner and Jackson
Daugherty

- students from FPAC also have appeared in Great Lakes Theatre Festival's
productions of  *A Christmas Carol, *including Emma Wahl, Aric Generette
Floyd, Camille Rekhson, CJ Bonde and Courtney Nelson.  Emma Wahl will also
be appearing in their upcoming production of *The Crucible* and appeared on
Broadway in *Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang* in 2005.

- other FPAC alumni have played roles at many local professional theatres,
including the Jewish Community Center, Beck Center for the Arts, Kalliope
Stage, Actors Summit, Carousel Dinner Theatre, Mercury Summer Stock and Cain
Park Summer Theatre: Anne Markt, Chris McCarrell, Miles Sternfeld, Emma
Wahl, Emma Schreibman, Hillary Elk, Rachel Galambos, Arlo Hill, Jordan
Brown, Theresa Kloos, Julie Marx, Halle Morse, Sharon Pearlman, Suzie
Ponomerenko, Alex Puette, Eden Raiz, Adrienne Sereta, Devon Turchan, Molly
Andrews-Hinders, Liann Decates, Alexis Floyd, Evin Rose Lipman, Julia
Wilson, JP Makowski, Christian Corpora, Talia Cosentino, CJ Bonde, Kelly
Pekar, Shaina Vencel, Megan Green, Olivia Scicilone, Caroline Hatch, AJ
Abelman, Molly Israel, Jacob Oet, Jason Modica, Emily Grodzik, Camille
Rekhson, Andrew Johnson, Sharon Pearlman, Dani Apple, Hunter Evans, Meghan
Grover, Jessie Gill, Jordan Brown, Louie Rosenbaum, Dan O'Neill, Reuben
Wilson, Sarah Difiore, Andrew Miller, Sydney Fieseler, Heather Farr, Katelyn
Blockinger, Sara Masterson and many, many others.

A few testimonials ...

I loved camp - I really felt like I was in a theatre school with classes on
every aspect of the stage. I learned so much and I encourage anyone looking
to prepare for a professional career in theatre to come to FPAC ! Because of
camp I feel inspired to take more classes and learn more.  The 'toolbox' of
all the new skills & techniques I learned are so valuable and will surely
help me with any theatre I do in the future – thanks for the great
experience!  The teachers are incredible and each one helped me grow as an
actress and a person. Thanks!!
*Anne Markt *

I learned a ton but yet I had so much fun! The staff was excellent!  I liked
how the staff was older than high school so they knew what they were
teaching. I liked every single thing about this camp!
*Dani Apple*

I thought it was amazing. But I do wish that it was longer. I learned so
much! And I had a blast. This camp rocks.
*Sara Masterson
*

Superb. I loved everyone. This camp has taught me more in three weeks than I
have learned elsewhere in years.
*Dan O'Neil*

Ya know, FPAC was great this summer and I'm very happy I did it, especially
considering the demanding challenges (*COLLEGE AUDITIONS!*) I was faced with
this year. The program is simply ideal for students really interested in
theatre as a profession; even those looking to participate as a hobby. There
are few educational theatre programs really dedicated to teaching youth the
"real deal" and preparing them for what may lie ahead. I've done many day
camp programs, none offer the acting training that fpac does. The
professional atmosphere alone sets the camp apart from others. I'm excited
to see this program grow! I just really wanted to commend you for offering
such an excellent program for students. Just my 2 cents, I know you already
know it's fabulous! Thanks again so much for the character analysis sheet!
Reeeally helpful!
*Halle Morse*

David Ludick has been cast as the understudy for all the male roles in The
Play House production of *A Christmas Story* - 2006. His Dad and I are
convinced that his experience at FPAC this past summer catapulted him from
community theatre to the Cleveland Play House. Thanks so much to you, C.P.,
Mitchell, Sean and the rest of your staff for such a wonderful learning
experience for David. FPAC is well worth the money and time. We'll see you
next year!
*Dr. Dixie Ludick*

I just got cast as Helen in *A Christmas Story* at the Cleveland Play
House!!  I used a lot of the things that I learned at your camp in my
audition and am sure I couldn't have gotten the part otherwise.  I  enjoyed
your camp a lot and plan to attend next year.
*Naomi Hill*

I just have to say that this camp was fantastic. I learned so much and I
will most definitely use everything I learned at camp in my acting career.
It was so much fun! I will do it next year, and hopefully throughout high
school! This has been the best camp I have been to. I have learned so many
"tools" that I will use in the future ! Thank you!
*Emma Schreibman*

We fully expected Fairmount Performing Arts Camp to be fantastic, under the
leadership of Fred Sternfeld and his talented staff. However, our daughter's
experience far exceeded our expectations. She attended master classes led by
some of NE Ohio's top directors and actors, which taught her new techniques
for auditions and performance. She could not wait to get to camp every
morning. The campers formed such strong bonds over the 3 week session that
their goodbyes on the last day were full of tears and emotions.
*Jeff and Carol Wahl,
parents of Emma Wahl

*Amazing!  Not much that could have been better.  Great! I improved my
acting and had fun at the same time.  I will be back next year.
Awesome. This camp has helped me and so many others tremendously. Some of
the best training in the Cleveland area.
*Louie Rosenbaum

*When I auditioned for Fairmount last spring, I didn't realize what I would
be getting myself into. I, as well as most of the other students that
attended FPAC, have been involved with many theatre camps over the past few
years. For all I knew, FPAC could have just been any other theatre camp. But
it wasn't. Fairmount was a truly different experience. My time spent at FPAC
was extremely beneficial, from the guest artists to the scene study we did
with the instructors. Like Halle, I believe that my summer at FPAC really
helped me with my college auditions this year, and will continue to help me
throughout the rest of my theatre studies. For any student of theatre,
especially ones that are trying to pursue it as a career, I can not persuade
you more emphatically to attend Fairmount Performing Arts Camp. I am
extremely proud to say that I was a part of the first year at FPAC. As far
as my college situation, I have been accepted to University of Cincinnati -
College Conservatory of Music, University of Michigan, and Point Park
College. It has been an absolutely crazy year! Like I said, I really think
the things I learned at FPAC helped me out during this extremely stressful
fall/winter! Thanks again Fred for everything!
*Alex Puette*
I learned a lot about acting and singing. At FPAC, when you sing a song your
friends join in no matter who they are in front of.  At school, people look
at you like you're crazy.  I have made great friends here – love it.   Wow!
Amazing – it gets better every year! I love it!  The staff members that I
had were wonderful.  Improv is so important and fun OMG!  CP is very skilled
and awesome. Voice and Movement with Arian is awesomely awesome! Totally!
Definitely coming back.  I had a lot of fun. Superb staff - Sean, Heidi,
David, Carol and Fred were cool. Scene Study - lovely. I learned a lot of
important things. Fun! Fun! The Overnight? OMG!! That was so fun!
*Angie Holecko*

SUPERB! It was a great camp.
*Lisandra Stebner

*I loved it. If this camp went on forever I would be so happy. I've learned
so much and I'm definitely coming back next year because there'll be so much
more to learn & more fun to be had & friends to make and love.
*Heather Farr*

The camp is WONDERFUL.  Already, Naomi is learning a lot and loving it.  The
instruction is excellent and the prevailing feeling is really positive and
supportive.  I see why the program receives such rave reviews.
*Freda Levinson,
mother of Naomi Hill*

Awesome! I learn so much! Every year is better than the last! The staff is
sooo nice and cool (Great job in 'Barrymore' Mitchell!) So many awesome
choices. I learned a lot.
*Cody Swanson

*This past summer at Fairmount Performing Arts Camp was a wonderful
experience and I thank you so much! Now that I have been in college for a
semester, I am realizing just how valuable the acting training was at FPAC.
I am finding that camp has prepared me more for a career in theatre than
many of my college classes have. FPAC took time to critique each individual
student in a supportive, nurturing environment. I feel so honored to have
gotten the opportunity to work with numerous area professionals last summer,
as opposed to the same one or two teachers that are common in the college
setting. Looking back, I know I really would have missed out had I not
participated in FPAC last summer, and I certainly wouldn't be where I am now
in terms of my acting capabilities. I think that FPAC is certainly valuable
for any college student who wishes to pursue a career in theatre.
*Kelly Pekar*

This was absolutely superb. I like everything about it. The staff was
AMAZING and they were all very nice. I LOVED it.  Flex Time – 1 word –
PERFECT.
*Adam Hass-Hill
*
This camp has helped me so much.  It's almost been like a second home to me
for the last 3 years.  I love FPAC!
*Molly Israel*

**

This camp is beyond amazing!!!  I feel that I have learned so much from so
many brilliant teachers!!  I looked forward to it every day.  It's like you
are having so much fun doing what you love to do, but learning so much!

*Meghan Grover

*I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful experience I had at camp.
I'm so thrilled I got to work with some of the most talented teachers and
actors in Cleveland. I feel I have grown so much as an actress. I now have a
"tool box" that I can use for the rest of my life. I now feel prepared to
walk into any audition and know all of the right things to do. Also, through
scene study class I learned so much about not judging your character and
making strong choices which are both important skills that I can use for any
character I ever play. Not only did I learn a lot, but I also made some of
my best friends at camp. I went into camp knowing only a few people and came
out with 30 close friends who I can depend on and talk to about anything. I
wish I was able participate in more than just one session, because these
past three weeks have been an incredible experience that I will remember
forever.
Sincerely,
*Jane Larson*

*
*

 *"Fairmount Performing Arts Camp is
the gold standard of education in theatre arts"*
*Lois Annich, mother of Molly Israel*
**
*A U D I T I O N S *
*for *
*Fairmount Performing Arts Camp <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/>*
*Fred Sternfeld, director*
**
THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP

*open to 8-12th grade and college students
Supervisor: Carol Pribble
Staff thus far (more to be announced soon): Mitchell B. Fields

The young people enrolled in the FPAC Professional Training Workshop should
have a desire to study theater in a challenging and disciplined environment.
The training is focused on creating truthful, three dimensional characters
and avoiding artifice.  Campers in the Professional Training Workshop all
take a core curriculum of acting, scene study and audition techniques and
pick an emphasis in acting, musical theatre or dance.*
**
**
*&

THE PERFORMANCE AND ACTOR TRAINING WORKSHOP
open to 7 - 9th grade

**Two hours of each day will be spent taking theatre classes such as acting
and improvisation, three hours will be spent preparing for a production that
will be presented on the last Thursday evening of the session and one hour
at the end of the day for electives – "flex time."

Play titles will be announced in the near future.*

**
*AUDITION DATES AND TIMES
Saturday, March 15, 2008*
*10:00am - 3:00pm
@**Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>
 <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac07/maps.htm>
*&*
*Sunday, March 16, 2008*
*Noon - 4:00pm
@**Fairmount Center for the Arts - Geauga
Campus*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>

*Make an appointment online here:
http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/signup.asp *
*or by calling 440-338-3171*

*
*

*Other programs are available for our younger campers, grades 2-6, no
audition required!  *

*Check out details here <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/index.htm>*

*
*

*for more information about FPAC, including the complete program, a typical
day, staff bios, testimonials, what to prepare for your audition and to make
your audition appointment go to our
website<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/> or
call 440-338-3171.*