[NEohioPAL] Something Dada - Fighting the Gorundhog Day Hoax!

Something Dada somethingdada at cd.aztemail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:28:04 PST 2008

What in the name of Sonny and Cher is going on here?  Like every other patriotic American, we got up on February 2nd to learn the future from a groundhog, specifically The Groundhog in Chief, Punxsutawney Phil.  He said there would be 6 more weeks of winter.  We bought blankets.  All was well with the world.

So what happened this morning, a mere three days after our porcine prognosticator issued his edict?  50 freaking degrees, THAT'S what happened!  How are we supposed to trust anything now?  Up is down, left is right, Britney's sane!

Then it dawned on us: it's a hoax.  A hoax perpetrated by the money-grubbing citizens of Punxsutawney, looking to make a cheap buck off the backs of the Believers.  Well, we're not going to take it anymore!  We're organizing a boycott.  Help us out, and take the following steps:

 - No more Punxsutawney Phil merch - no dolls, slippers, totem poles, golf club covers, custom-painted BMWs - none of it

 - Never watch the movie of the same name again.  We've gotten word that 50 cents of each rental goes directly to central Pennsylvania

 - Never do the same thing twice...you're just falling into their trap.

To follow this last note, make SURE that you attend at least one Something Dada show this weekend.  Since each show is completely different, based on what you, the audience, provide, you will never have to worry about seeing the same show twice, thus avoiding supporting the Punxsutawney Profiteers.  Take your pick of any and all of the Friday show or either Saturday show, but get down to Dada and help us stop the fraud!

SOMETHING DADA IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY
All New... All Different... Like Always.

Next show times (all tickets just $10):

Friday, February 8th, 2008
8:00 PM

Saturday, February 9th, 2008
8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

The Wooltex Gallery
Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH
Free Parking In Rear
Cash and Checks only, ATM on site

Something Dada strongly suggests not bringing children under 13 to our shows.  We generally operate at a PG-13 level, in terms of language and content, but we can not guarantee what suggestions will be given, or what direction the show will take (it is improv, after all).  If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at info at somethingdada.com or call us at 216.696.4242.

Something Dada
The Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Ave., Suite 120
Cleveland, OH 44114

216.696.HAHA (4242)

info at somethingdada.com

http://www.somethingdada.com
http://www.cafepress.com/somethingdada
http://www.goodshop.com
http://www.goodsearch.com
http://www.myspace.com/somethingdada

Please do not reply to this email.  To respond, please send email to info at somethingdada.com.  This announcement was sent to NEohioPAL at listserve.com.  If you do not wish to receive future announcements, please copy and paste the following into your browser's address bar:
http://somethingdada.aztemail.com/optout.asp?addid=1535218&listid=78