[NEohioPAL] Casting of Asian talent this coming Monday

Johnny K. Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Mon Feb 11 14:34:24 PST 2008

Hi everyone, in my previous email in seach for Asian talent, one thing that
was forgotten to be included is that the extras, paid positions, do not need
to know Chinese, as they are non speaking roles.

NOW CASTING

PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

FOR PACIFIC RIM REGION

Project Synopsis and Information:

This video will be used to demonstrate and sell an American made kitchen
product in the Pacific Rim region.  We are currently seeking actors for
speaking roles in the video as well as extras.  The video is being produced
by MDI (Media Design Imaging) and will be directed by award winning
filmmaker Johnny K. Wu.  Due to the fact that the video will be used in the
Pacific Rim region, we are only casting for individuals of Asian descent.
Additionally, all applicants must be able to speak fluent Chinese Mandarin.

***ALL POSITIONS ARE PAID***

Character Descriptions:

Host - An energetic and engaging individual who will lead the viewers on a
tour of a factory type setting.  This individual will also demonstrate how
to use this product to prepare a number of recipes.  Prior knowledge of the
product is not necessary.  This individual will be trained in how to
properly use the product before production begins.  We will be auditioning
both men and women for the role.

Demonstrator - An adult woman who will be demonstrating the product to a
group of Asian families.

Woman - A wife and mother, late 20s to early 50s, who is viewing the product
demonstration and asking questions about the product.

Man - A husband and father, late 20s to early 50s, who is viewing the
product demonstration and asking questions about the product.

Kids - Two children between the ages of 10 and 18, who are viewing the
product demonstration and asking questions about the product.

We will be auditioning both boys and girls for these roles.

Extras Need:        Demonstration audience consisting of: Asian Men, Woman,
and Children of varying ages

               (Please note: These extras are NON- SPEAKING ROLES)

AUDITIONS:

Date                                         Time                   Location

Monday February 18th                   6-9pm
Sampson/Carnegie

1419 E. 40th St., Cleveland, OH 44103

For more information and to schedule an audition time, please email:

vitamix at mdifilm.com

Johnny Wu

Producer/Director/Editor

 <http://www.mdifilm.com/> www.mdifilm.com

 <http://www.rapturethemovie.com> www.rapturethemovie.com

President

Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland

 <http://www.ocagc.org> www.ocagc.org

Administrator

Cleveland IndieClub

 <http://www.indieclub.com> www.indieclub.com