[NEohioPAL] Sandra Shapiro to Perform with Chagrin Light Orchestra on February 16

Christine Montague cmontague at neo.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 08:39:43 PST 2008

Chagrin Light Orchestra to Perform Valentine's Concert on February 16

Program to Feature Renowned Steinway Artist Sandra Shapiro

           The Chagrin Light Orchestra (Chagrin Light) announces that its
Valentine's-themed concert, "Light of My Life: An Evening of Romantic
Music," will be performed on Saturday, February 16, 2008, at 8 p.m.  In
keeping in the spirit of Valentine's Day, the concert will feature romantic
music from Broadway shows and the classics, including Romeo and Juliet by
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, No No Nanette, Gigi, and Carmen.  The highlight of
the evening will include a performance of the passionate Schumann Piano
Concerto in A minor, featuring renowned Steinway artist Sandra Shapiro.

Sandra Shapiro is both a performer and teacher throughout the United States
and Europe and is currently on the faculty of the Cleveland Institute of
Music.  She has performed with many notable orchestras both nationally and
internationally, including the Baltimore Symphony, the Chicago Symphony, the
New York Philharmonic, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Belgrade String
Orchestra, and the Stuttgart Symphony. As a soloist, Ms. Shapiro has
received numerous awards, including first prize in both the Baltimore
Symphony Orchestra's Soloist Competition and The World Piano Competition as
well as a "Young Maestro Award" from the Peabody Institute of Music. As a
member of the distinguished Hecht & Shapiro, Ms. Shapiro has received many
laureates including winning the Munich International Duo Piano Competition,
the Chicago Civic Orchestra Competition, and the Peabody Concerto
Competition. (Sandra Shapiro's complete biography is attached.)

"We are thrilled that Sandra will be joining Chagrin Light for our February
concert.  She is a very gifted musician, and her performance with Chagrin
Light perfectly supports our mission-to showcase renowned talent while
exposing a larger audience to live orchestral musical experiences," notes
Stephen Eva, Musical Director of Chagrin Light.

            "Light of My Life: An Evening of Romantic Music" will be
performed on Saturday, February 16 at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, 40
River Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio.  Tickets for the 8 p.m. concert are $25;
a patron reception, beginning at 7 p.m. and including concert ticket and
admittance to a social gathering of Chagrin Light supporters, is available
for $50.  Tickets may be purchased through the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
by visiting www.cvlt.org <http://www.cvlt.org/> ; calling 440-247-8955; or
stopping by the box office, Monday through Saturday, from 1-6 p.m.

About Chagrin Light Orchestra

            Founded in 2005 and now in its second season, Chagrin Light
Orchestra is dedicated to the advancement of and appreciation for live music
from the perspectives of both the performers and the audiences, while
enriching and promoting the Chagrin Falls community.  As the name suggests,
Chagrin Light's performers, 40+ strong, strive to enlighten audiences to the
live musical experience by incorporating stories, interaction, and fun into
their performances.

Upcoming Concerts

Star Light: A Space Odyssey

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Patron Reception: 7 p.m.; $50 ticket; includes concert

Concert: 8 p.m.; $25 ticket

Space-themed scores including Holst The Planets (Mars), Star Trek, Star
Wars, Strauss Fanfare from Also Sprach Zarathustra made famous in the movie
2001: A Space Odyssey and more.

###