[NEohioPAL] State of the theatre

Julie Taylor j_collins2009 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:41:16 PST 2008

I am a young person growing up now. I live in small town, maybe two or so hours drive from Cleveland. I must say that most people my age are obessed with these modern musicals and shun almost every other form of theatre.And if we had such opportunities as discounted tickets to venues such as the opera, ballet, or real theatre I doubt many would go because they had either no transportation or simply did not know about.   I know if there were such opportunities, there would be a small pocket of us who would go, especially if there was knowledge of the opportunity and transportation. AKA get schools involved. Field trips and the like. Many young people might not have ever been exposed to it, but may find they love it if they just see it once. You have to plant the seed somewhere.