[NEohioPAL] I'm seeking a female singer

Daniel Baxter folkpop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 06:38:22 PDT 2008

  I'm looking for a female folk/pop singer for a male-female duo (which would also, eventually, add an odd assortment of backup instruments).  I sing and play guitar.  I've been doing it for a long time, around the country and here.  Your age is not important; your ability is (along with compatibility and a variety of other things).

  It would be good if you also could play an instrument -- like guitar or keyboards, so you could sing at the same time -- as opposed to flute or tuba, etc. (though, actually, I shouldn't automatically rule those out ...).  Some professional musical experience would also be helpful, though not necessarily essential.

  The material would range from '60s folk to current singer-songwriter stuff, some originals, folky versions of rock songs from the '50s to the present, and other genres.

  I'd like to play out maybe once or twice a month, to start, so you're not going to be making your living with this group -- though, there's always the possibility that performing could increase a lot, too.

  If you're interested, you need many more details, of course -- but we should talk on the phone or in person.  Contact me at folkpop at sbcglobal.net.

  Thanks.

  Dan