[NEohioPAL] ADULTS: Directing Seminar, taught by Seth Gordon @ Fairmount Center

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 17:17:40 PDT 2008

Fairmount Center for the Arts,  School of Theatre
Fred Sternfeld, director

Fairmount's School of Theatre, under the direction of Fred Sternfeld,  offers
workshops for theatre students of all ages in a wide range of exciting
theatre  programming.

All workshops will be held in  our garden-level workshops and in the theatre
at our Cuyahoga Central Campus in  the Mayfield Village Performing Arts Center
right off of I-271
_6622 Wilson  Mills Rd. at the corner of Wilson Mills and SOM Center Rd.
(Ohio Rt. 91) _ (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/mayfield/map.jpg)
 (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/)
Putting It  Together – 2 day Directing Seminar (Adults: 18+)
Instructor: Seth  Gordon
Two Sessions
Saturday & Sunday, April 12 & 13,  2008, 1:00 – 4:00pm each day.
Fee: $75
Script: Our Town, by Thornton  Wilder (participants must read this in advance)
Seth Gordon goes through  the salient points of directing a play and offers a
director's  approach to preparing a script for production.
Day One – The nuts and bolts of  directing.
Day Two – Applying the nuts and bolts  on preparations for directing the
American classic Our Town. The day  will culminate with volunteers acting out a
scene from Our Town with the  participants team directing.
_Faculty  Biographies_
(http://www.fairmountcenter.org/mayfield/theatrebios.htm)

To register, call the  Fairmount Center at 440-338-3171 or _register  online_
(http://www.fairmountcenter.org/workshop_signup.asp) .

Home.