[NEohioPAL] Go see "Driving Miss Daisy"!

Linda Ryan Pommy at neo.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 05:52:11 PDT 2008

I just saw the Coach House production of Alfred Uhry's Driving Miss Daisy
last night and boy, am I glad I did. It is wonderful! The three actors in it
were all marvellous. Maureen Johnson, as the feisty Miss Daisy was right on
the money, Marvin Mallory, as Hoke Coleburn was absolutely excellent, and
the cast was rounded off by another pro, Richard Worswick, who played Miss
Daisy's son, Boolie. Nancy Cates directed the show in her usual capable
manner and Bob Schaefer's set was well designed to allow for the changes in
venue required for this play.

The emotions portrayed by Miss Daisy and her driver went from anger to
sadness to comedy effortlessly. I was right there with them at their first
meeting when you are sure this relationship is not going to work, and
through all the years in between to the tender moment when Miss Daisy
confesses to Hoke that he is her best friend. This is a fabulous production,
friends. Don't miss it. Coach House's # is 330-434-7741.

--Linda Ryan