[NEohioPAL] THREE WORLD PREMIERES HIGHLIGHT INLET DANCE THEATRE’S DANCEWORKS PERFORMANCES MARCH 27 - 30, 2008

Bill Wade Jr inletdancetheatre at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 25 07:42:00 PDT 2008

March 17, 2008  –  Inlet Dance Theatre is pleased to return to Cleveland Public Theatre’s  DanceWorks series.  A perennial DanceWorks favorite, Inlet Dance Theatre’s performances are marked by a diverse repertoire highlighted by two premieres from Inlet Artistic Director/Founder Bill Wade and a world premiere by choreographer Stephen Wynne.  In a rare themed engagement, Inlet’s DanceWorks performances will deal with the three spheres of connectivity the company currently finds itself immersed in: personal, regional, and global.

“Inlet has the wonderful opportunity to connect with people on various levels,” stated Bill Wade.  "For years, Inlet has used dance to further people on an interpersonal level, and in a regional sense with our work throughout the state. This connectivity continues to expand for us as we are now reaching out globally.  Next month, Inlet will travel as a company to Easter Island to share our art with the indigenous Rapa Nui people.  When it dawned on me that the repertory we’re preparing represents the recent history of our company, I realized that DanceWorks gives us an opportunity to share the ways that Inlet is making an impact, personally, regionally and globally.”

A partial listing of the diverse pieces being performed include: a premiere from Bill Wade entitled Age of Isolation – a commentary on globalization in an era of diminishing audiences for live performing arts, the world premiere of acclaimed tanztheatre choreographer Stephen Wynne’s Out of Nowhere, and a selection of traditional Rapa Nui dances learned as a part of an international artist exchange.  Also being staged will be a remounting of two audience favorites: Tides & Solitude by choreographer Sally Wallace – an award winning work using poles to trigger “images of sailing – the long stretched over and under curves, over and under the waves, and the speed and grace of that kind of traveling”, and Dream of Sleeping – a commissioned work inspired by phases of qualitative sleep and related disorders.

In addition Inlet presents a special Saturday Educational Matinee, specifically geared toward showcasing the exceptional work students are doing through Inlet Education Programming.  Members of the Inlet Youth Ensemble, the Inlet Trainee and Apprentice Program, and students from Cleveland Heights High School’s Mosaic Experience will demonstrate how Inlet is using dance to further their lives.

Inlet Dance Theatre will perform at Cleveland Public Theatre’s James Levin Theatre, March 27-30, 2008.  Performances are Thursday through Saturday at 7:30 p.m. with a Sunday matinee at 3:00 p.m.  The Saturday Educational Matinee is also at 3:00pm.  Tickets range from $10 - $20.  Tickets are now available at the Cleveland Public Theatre box office by calling 216-631-2727 ext. 501.  Cleveland Public Theatre is located at 6415 Detroit Road in Cleveland, Ohio.  Visit www.cptonline.org.

Bill Wade
Artistic Director/Founder
Inlet Dance Theatre
3921 Mayfield Rd, Suite 6