[NEohioPAL] Hero Tomorrow in Akron Thursday

tsikora at commercialrecording.com tsikora at commercialrecording.com
Tue Apr 1 08:51:20 PDT 2008

We're finally returning to the original scene of the crimeWe're finally returning to the original scene of the crime. Thursday April 3rd at 6PM Hero Tomorrow will be opening the Akron Independent Film Festival.

HT co-writer/co-producer Milo Miller and I met way back in 1988 at The University of Akron where we often joked about making a movie some day.   AS ALWAYS this will be the debut of yet another version of the film. Over the past six months I've learned a ton about color correction and different techniques for changing the mood and technical problems within scenes. Even though I'm truly - God knows - ready to be done with HT post production, I knew it would be an incredible disservice if I didn't go back to the workstation one more time and add some 'shrimp' to the Apama pasta.

On the blog I've posted some examples of this, and there's also a link to the Hero Tomorrow TV interview from Thanksgiving with WVIZ's Dee Perry.

Akron Independent Film Festival

The Bang and the Clatter Theatre

140 East Market Street
Akron, Ohio 44308

Thursday, April 3rd, 6PM

Milo will also be conducting a screenwriting workshop as part of the festivities on Saturday April 5th at 10:30 AM.

Best wishes and hope to see you there.

Ted Sikora

www.herotomorrow.com

www.herotomorrow.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/herotomorrowmovie

www.youtube.com/herotomorrow

: : HERO TOMORROW SYNOPSIS : :

David, a struggling comic book creator from Cleveland, spends his days cutting grass and his nights smoking it while desperately trying to keep his superhero fantasies alive. When Robyn, his aspiring fashion-designer girlfriend, makes him a Halloween costume of his original character Apama, it doesn't take David long to hit the streets and begin blundering towards disaster.

This comic book Don Quixote is characterized by surreal flourishes, mixing dream, fantasy, and flashbacks that borrow as much from the art house as the comic shop. A midnight movie for superhero fans.

Hero Tomorrow world premiered at the Comic Con International Film Festival in San Diego where it was the only narrative feature selected in the company of over 100 films.  It has since screened at Montreal's Fantasia, Cleveland International, Santa Fe, The Netherlands, IFP Chicago, and the North Texas Film Festival where it won best Cinematography, and Perren Hedderson won best actor.

: : REVIEWS : :

"Twisted, unconventional. diverting, inventive and creative."

Isabelle Ouimet

BangBang Montreal

"Whether or not you're in the mood for a good indie, comic book, romance, or comedy film, Hero Tomorrow has got you covered.  One of the best original (superhero) films I've had the pleasure to review in quite some time, and a definite must see."

Fanboy Will

FANBOY THEATRE

"Ted Sikora constructs a genuine super-hero film ignoring Hollywood rules.  Hero Tomorrow is a super-hero to indie films."

Clay Dempsey

CINEPHELIA

"The film is excellent.  The writing is skilled, the direction is strong, and the acting is first rate. A solid story that will appeal to everyone, comic fan or not."

Michael San Giacomo

NEWSARAMA

"A comical pseudo-superhero flick that ends up being more gratifying and genuinely comical than anything else attempted before it."

Peter Chakerian

COOL CLEVELAND

"The story is funny, the script occasionally quite sharp... strengthened by strong performances by Jocelyn Wrzosek, as David's girlfriend, Shelley Delaney as her mother, and Bryan Jalovec as David's friend and boss."

Al Kratina

COMIC BOOK BIN

"I loved it... future cult classic."

Neal Cropper

SCURVYDAWG.COM

"A love letter to comic book fans."

Michael Gallucci

SCENE MAGAZINE

"Among the cream of the crop at Comic Con."

Chris Gore

G4 Network's "ATTACK OF THE SHOW"

"A well made movie with a strong cast.  It abounds with quirky touches."

Julie Washington

PLAIN DEALER

"Jocelyn Wrzosek pushes darn near every emotional button you can imagine.  She's got what it takes to be a genuine comics fandom heartthrob."

Tony Isabella

COMIC BUYERS GUIDE