[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Public Theatre presents The 2008 Women's Voices Project

Mindy Herman MHerman at cptonline.org
Wed Apr 9 10:29:52 PDT 2008

Cleveland Public Theatre is proud to present:

Me as I Am, Me as I Will Be
The 2008 Elyria YWCA Women's Voice Project

CPT Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan presents an evening of
new work from the CPT/Elyria YWCA Women's Voices Project entitled Me as
I Am, Me as I Will Be, created by the women of the Elyria YWCA and
Directed by CPT Education Director Chris Seibert

An evening of insightful, delightful and powerfully original works of
drama, story and poetry performed by women in transition. Established in
1999, the Women's Voices Project is a collaboration between Cleveland
Public Theatre and the Elyria YWCA's Women's Campus Project. Offered as
part of a larger system of care and resources, the Women's Voices
Project connects Campus Project residents with the tools of creative
expression to help them achieve independent living and recover from
domestic violence and/or addiction. Following performances at CPT and
the Elyria YWCA, the women tour their work to area shelters, recovery
centers and prisons.

Me as I Am, Me as I Will Be will be presented to the public:

Friday, April 18 at 7:00pm
Elyria YWCA
318 West Ave.
Elyria, OH, 44035

Wednesday, April 23 at 8:00pm
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102

Both performances are free and open to the public.

Donations will be accepted. Each performance will be followed by a
post-show discussion and reception.

Under the guidance of CPT Education Director Chris Seibert, Women's
Voices participants have worked with gifted local artists Deborah Burke,
Becky Cummings, Lisa Langford, Sarah McCoy, Gabrielle Perrin and
Elizabeth R. Wood.  Together, the artists and the residents have engaged
in writing and dramatic activities to improvise and verbalize stories
that are born from the truth of difficult life circumstances.

Don't miss this touching and transformative performance. It's what CPT
is all about!

Me as I Am, Me as I Will Be features work by Veronica Brantford, Katie
Brown, Anne Larson-Dougan, Debra Fesler, Tanya E. Garner, Michaela
Joyce, Norma J. Kendle, Trish Mendiola and Nicole M. Rivera.

Made possible by the generous support of The Nord Family Foundation,
Nordson Corporation Foundation, The Stocker Foundation and KeyBank.

Mindy Herman

Communications Director

Cleveland Public Theatre

6415 Detroit Ave.