[NEohioPAL] Something Dada Gives Back to American Idol

Something Dada somethingdada at cd.aztemail.com
Thu May 1 09:12:24 PDT 2008

Something Dada is concerned.  As we're quite sure you're aware, American Idol's ratings have been slipping recently.  We know that this has been happening since Sanjaya got eliminated.  No Sanajaya, no Sanjaya hair, no happiness in the world, no ratings for American Idol.  Basic Socratic logic.  However, we also know that they can't make Sanjaya an Idol Emeritus, with a free admission to each season.  So we have devised some alternative enhancements that Idol could use to improve its ratings:

 - Underwater singing - viewers have to try and figure out what songs the contestants are singing while they're underwater.  Bonus points to anyone who can finish all of Bohemian Rhapsody without coming up for air.

 - Better themes - rather than the current crop of garbage (Andrew Lloyd Weber?  Really?), try some truly challenging themes.  We're thinking a Thrash Metal or Speed Rap week.

 - Flaming Arrows - let's face it, anything's more interesting when the contestants are being shot at with flaming arrows.

 - Make 'Em Ups - the singers are given a theme and a song style, and have to make up their own songs

Nobody would try that, would they?  Just get an idea and have to completely make stuff up right on the spot?  We know it's got the Fox execs quaking in their boots, but you can see folks who have that sort of courage EVERY SINGLE WEEK!  That's right, Fridays at 8, Saturdays at 8 and 10:30 you'll get all the funny you can handle, all based on your suggestions, right ehre in Cleveland at Something Dada.  Who knows, you might even get to see a better Neil Diamond impersonation than that old guy with the big ears Idol had on.  (What?  Really?  Wow, he looks BAD!)  Get your tickets online now at http://www.somethingdada.com/reservations.aspx and come see your TRUE American Idols.

SOMETHING DADA IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY
All New... All Different... Like Always.

Next show times (all tickets just $10):

Friday, May 2nd, 2008
8:00 PM

Saturday, May 3rd, 2008
8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

The Wooltex Gallery
Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH
Free Parking In Rear
Cash and Checks only, ATM on site

Something Dada strongly suggests not bringing children under 13 to our shows.  We generally operate at a PG-13 level, in terms of language and content, but we can not guarantee what suggestions will be given, or what direction the show will take (it is improv, after all).  If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at info at somethingdada.com or call us at 216.696.4242.

Something Dada
The Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Ave., Suite 120
Cleveland, OH 44114