[NEohioPAL] Ohio Clown Graduation Performance Praised by Audience

Jamdealie D. Light jamdealie at seniorsapprove.com
Wed May 7 09:26:24 PDT 2008

Graduation Ceremony for Class Clowns

The 2008 graduating class of the Ohio Clown College performed for a sold-out
audience at the Funny Stop Comedy Club located in Cuyahoga Falls.  The show,
titled ‘Comedy Capers’ was choreographed under the direction of Robert
Kreidler, founder and headmaster.

Debuting individual unique characters, the 2008 graduates are: Alizarin
Crimson “Allie” (Yulia Gray), C.J. Shortcake Treefoil “Shortcake” (Carolyn
Close), Frieda Beeme (Katrina Mullen), Gabriella Umbrella Monticello
Balderdash III “Gumball” (Suzane Houston), Howie B. DeWin (Christine
Shorter), and Maude D. Pendable (Darlene Kamp)

Joining the ensemble this year were Rufus D. Dufus (Robert Kreidler), and
Flapjack (Mike Salvino), Sweets (Angie Salvino), Blutoo (Vincent Salvino),
Spumonie (Anthony Salvino), and Jamdealie D. Light (Barbara Mascio),
previous graduates of the school.

Non-stop deliverance of one routine after another kept children of all ages
on the edge of their seats all the while laughing and applauding, just the
kind of reaction any comedic actor relishes.

The audience was enthralled with the show.  Paula Z. from North Royalton
said, “Comedy Capers was great fun for kids and adults. My husband and I
enjoyed the classic skits, and our 11-year-old talked about one act after
another once the show concluded."

"We also enjoyed the one-on-one interaction with individual clowns as they
visited with guests before the show. We loved Howie B. DeWin's magic
coloring book.  Lots of skits, great interplay between performers, and
terrific costumes and makeup made for an overall "A" performance.”

Pam G. from Warren who brought her sister, daughter, great niece and great
granddaughter to the show had this to say,
 “We laughed so hard I had to
find the bathroom!”  “Everyone was fantastic, we’re so glad we came!”

Rufus D. Dufus (Robert Kreidler’s own clown creation) made this observation,
“My strongest visual image is a youngster, maybe 3, at stage right with an
uplifted face in rapt amazement at what he saw.  I turned and saw that same
look on the performers’ faces.  I turned back to the stage thinking, "This
is why I do this."

Celebrating 19 years as the only clown school of its kind within a tri-state
area, Kreidler also announced it was the last show under the name ‘Ohio
Clown College’.  “We are close to settling a dispute with the parent company
of Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus who have claimed, among
others things that the Ohio Clown College constituted unfair competition.
Though we vigorously disagree we have agreed to settle the dispute rather
than litigate it.”

Kreidler also explained that the College has agreed to rename itself  ‘The
Ohio College of Clowning Arts’ and Ringling has agreed to compensate it for
the change.  “Unfortunately,” Kreidler continued, “we have yet to agree on
the amount of compensation.”

The live performance showcased the culmination of training received during a
30-week period featuring the students as an ensemble.  The annual graduation
show is the first experience many of the students have had on stage in front
of a paying audience.

The training, which includes character development, acting techniques,
slapstick (learning how to fall, run in to walls, and so on), and writing
and performing routines, prepares the foundation needed for students to
succeed in the clowning business.  But, just who are these clowns?

“The class is always a diversified mix”, states Kreidler.  “We’ve taught
ministers, nurses, CEO’s, stay at home moms, grandmas and grandpas,
teenagers, construction workers, teachers, college students, elder care
activity staff, actors, comedians, and everything in between.”  Robert went
on to explain that no prior experience is needed, only the desire to learn.

“Giving birth to Howie is my greatest accomplishment so far.  I love her and
she does me proud “, offered Christine Shorter, retired from the Air Force,
one of this year’s graduates.

Registration for the next class scheduled to begin in September of 2008 is
now underway.  To learn more, call Robert Kreidler, headmaster at
330-835-9460 or visit Ohio Clown College at http://www.ohioclowncollege.com
<http://www.ohioclowncollege.com/>

The clown graduates are now prepared to entertain for your private party,
corporate event, fundraising event, hospital and nursing home visits and
more!  Visit Clowns Entertain Jest For You! ( www.clownsentertain.com
<http://www.clownsentertain.com/> )  to locate your favorite clown!

Pictures are available – see http://www.clownsentertain.com/graduation.html
<http://www.clownsentertain.com/graduation.html>  or contact the author of