[NEohioPAL] Poetry in the Park in Downtown Kent

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Wed May 14 09:19:25 PDT 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
Karen Barrett
Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
Phone: 330-677-1479
http://www.standingrock.net
info at standingrock.net

WHO: Standing Rock Cultural Arts

WHAT: Downtown Innovative Community Event (DICE). Poetry in the Park.
-Poetry featuring KSU professor Maj Ragain
-Also featuring David Hassler and the young students of Kent State
University’s WICK Outreach Poetry Program
-Merle Mollenkoff, Alice Cone, Hal Walker, Nikki Robinson

WHEN: Saturday, May 17, noon to 2pm.

WHERE: Home Savings Plaza, corner of Water and Main Streets,
-Downtown Kent, OH

CONTACT: 330-677-1479

Free and Open to the Public

www.standingrock.net for updates

D.I.C.E. is a program of Standing Rock Cultural Arts, a non profit art
and educational organization based in downtown Kent.

D. I.C. E. is a series of Open Air Events that take place in Downtown
Kent at the Home Savings Plaza.

The Goal of D.I.C.E. is to provide an economic boost to Kent’s Downtown
Business District by offering cultural events free and open to the public.

The objectives are:

1. To attract shoppers to the Downtown Shopping District
2. To attract storeowners, restaurants, and other business owners to
move in to vacant downtown spaces.
3. To show pride in our downtown community and celebrate the unique
businesses located there.

These include three Sidewalk Cinema Events where a popular film will be
rented and shown, free of charge, to attract people to the Downtown
Shopping District. Other examples include Poetry in The Park, an Old
Fashioned Ice Cream Social, A Cider Festival, and an Ice Sculpting Event.

At these events,. music and children’s activities are included. Popcorn,
pre-packaged food, and beverages will be for sale by local businesses
such as Trinity Lutheran Church, Anthony’s Cafe, and Stahl’s Bakery.
When in season, Beckwith’s Orchards will sell cider made from their
orchard. Woodsy’s provides a Sound System if needed.

2008 Schedule

-Friday, June 29, 9:00pm Sidewalk Cinema
-Friday, July 25, 9:00pm Sidewalk Cinema
-Saturday, August 2, 1:00-4:00pm Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social
-Friday, August 31, 9:00pm Sidewalk Cinema
-Saturday, November 1, noon-3:00pm Cider Festival
-Saturday, February 7, 1:00-4:00pm Ice Carving Demonstration

Sponsored by The Christenson Foundation, The Ohio Arts Council, Woodsy’s
Music, City Bank Antiques, Main Street Kent and more…

Thank you for supporting the Arts!

For information: http://www.standingrock.net
Contact: info at standingrock.net
Phone: 330-673-4970