[NEohioPAL] Western Reserve Playhouse presents Cookin' With Gus June 6th to 21st

Marie Dusini mardus at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 09:11:06 PDT 2008

WESTERN RESERVE PLAYHOUSE OPENS
  ITS 52ND SEASON JUNE 6 – 21
  COOKIN’ WITH GUS
  By JIM BROCHU
  If you are a fan of the Food Channel you will not want to miss seeing the comedy
  Cookin’ With Gus.
  Gussie Richardson is a famous food columnist who is offered her own daily network television show. When hypnotism, spells and threats fail to cure her of camera stage fright the taping turns into a comic nightmare.  Cookin’ with Gus brings together four unlikely characters in a stew of hijinks and hilarity. Kathy Turk returns to our stage to play Gussie, she was last seen in the mystery Cliffhanger and is most remembered as one of the dotty aunts in Arsenic and Old Lace. Marc Dusini also returns to play her husband Walter. Marc has been absent from our stage recently playing at a variety of community theatres in Brecksville, Stow and Independence.  Theatre favorite Walt Kaminski also returns playing Gussies’ hip theatrical agent, Bernie he and Kathy were last seen together on our stage in Cliffhanger. Walt can best be remembered for playing the part of Bellamy in the Fantasticks. New to our theatre and playing Carmen, a fun loving, tippling gypsy is Amy Pelleg.
  Jim Volkert, who last directed Everybody Loves Opal, returns with his producing team of Darlene Matthew and Sue Moffett. Sue Synder is stage manager. The production runs Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. from June 6th until June 21st with one Sunday performance on June 15th at 7:30 p.m.
  Jim Volkert is also the Director and Key Instructor for our Teen Summer Theatrical Classes, both acting and technical from June 9th through June 28th.
  All students will be involved either on stage or as part of the technical crew for both performances of The Hobbit adapted by Adam Hoffman on June 27th and 28th.
  Enroll in both classes for $150.00 or $75.00 each. Call 330-620-7314.
  Our next production will be the musical BYE, BYE, BIRDIE directed by R. Scott Posey who just directed the musical 1776 at Tri-C. The musical director for Birdie will be Ron Hazelett, Rena Alessio Baker is the choreographer and Laurel Held Posey will be the costumer. Birdie will run four weekends from July 25th until August 16th.
  The season closer will be the mystery NIGHT WATCH directed by Jonathan Kronenberger, playing from September 12 through the 27th. Auditions for
  Night Watch will be on Sunday July 13th at 2 p.m. and Monday, July 14th at 7 p.m.
  All performances and auditions will be at the theatre located at 3326 Everett Road in Bath at the Bath/Richfield township lines in Summit County close to Intersections
  271 and 77 (Exit 143.)
  COOKIN’ WITH GUS: June 6, 7, 13, 14, 15*. 20, 21
  CURTAIN: 8:00 P.M. Sunday, 7:30 p.m.
  TICKETS: $11.00 Adults $10.00 Seniors & Students
  SEASON TICKETS: $ 30.00 All age groups
  For season tickets please mail your check to : WRP, P.O.Box 88, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44222-0088.
  FOR RESERVATIONS AND INFORMATION CALL: 330-620-7314
          Check MailCompose   TG: UI: SFI: SFV: -->                       var url1 = "http://us.f810.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Search?Find=1&y5beta=yes&B=1_p=bottom";                   Search Mail:   [input]     [input] Search MailSearch the Web