[NEohioPAL] ONE more JOSEPH choir next year!

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Sat Jun 7 12:50:08 PDT 2008

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe  (330) 836-2626

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane * Akron, Ohio  44313

World famous works of art and literature will come to life on the stage; wouldn't your students love to come and be a part of it? Weathervane Playhouse currently has ONE space available for a youth choir to participate in out annual holiday production of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!

If you are looking for an exciting musical and theatrical experience outside of your school, consider joining us on stage as we present our 9th annual holiday production of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Joseph is a rainbow ride through Biblical Egypt on the wings of Andrew Lloyd Webber's uplifting music and the humor of lyricist Tim Rice. This Broadway blockbuster has instant appeal for every audience with elaborately staged production numbers and a score full of hits!

* Perform 4 shows LIVE on Weathervane's Main Stage in a fully produced production

* Perform one weekday performance for elementary school students ~ perhaps for your very own school!

* Work with the cast onstage for the entire performance ~ choirs are ONSTAGE for the whole show!

* Experience an eclectic variety of musical styles.

We are looking for choirs of 20 to 25 students, between 2nd and 5th grade. Your choir will sing the "children's chorus" parts, which is primarily repetitions of the melody lines in each song.  If you choose to participate, the following meetings are required:

1. A meeting with the choir directors, the Director and Musical Director

2. TWO rehearsals at Weathervane Playhouse

3. ONE technical rehearsal at Weathervane Playhouse

4.  FOUR performances!  The performance dates currently available are:

    Thursday, December 18, 2008 CALL is at 9:00 am PERFORMANCE is at 10:00 am
    Friday, December 19, 2008 CALL is at 2:30 p.m. PERFORMANCE is at 7:30 p.m.
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 CALL is at 2:30 p.m. PERFORMANCE is at 3:30 p.m.
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 CALL is at 2:30 p.m. PERFORMANCE is at 3:30 p.m.
We hope you will choose to challenge your students, and join with us in our 9th annual presentation of this Broadway extravaganza, shimmering with elaborately staged production numbers and a score full of hits. Participating will allow your students to stretch their creativity and experience the joy of performing in live theater!  Please reply by email and we will be happy to send you more detailed information!

##end##

We were nominated for ParentsConnect.com's Parents Pick award! Vote for us at ParentsConnect.com/ParentsPicks.