[NEohioPAL] SongRegistration

Al Diamond Phillips alitivity at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 10:14:44 PDT 2008

I do not know about this site in particular, but here is a little info on Copyrights. Most people believe that you own copyrights to your song from the time you apply for the registration. The actual rights to your song starts from the day it is written. Here is where it gets tricky. If a dispute ever arises where someone else says that they wrote the song, Having your song registered gives you the burden of proof needed to show the song belongs to you. The only place I would register a song is with the library of Congress copyright office http://www.copyright.gov/ . this other site may give you proof of you rights, but on the other hand it may not be around in a few years. Many web based businesses come and go. If they go under they will take your regisration with them. The Government run Copyright office isnt going anywhere, and it is the recognized keeper of records in the United States. Their word is absolute in a court of law.

Al