[NEohioPAL] MICHAEL JANTZ opens for PETER TORK of MONKEES Fame!

Angela Siciliano starfieldpromo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 10:36:36 PDT 2008

  MICHAEL JANTZ opens for PETER TORK of MONKEES Fame!  Press Release below:

  MICHAEL JANTZ
  Sat, JULY 5  - 9:00 pm
  The Winchester Tavern & Music Hall
  www.thewinchester.net
  12112 Madison Ave Lakewood, Ohio 44107 - 216-226-5681
  Opening for
  Peter Tork
  of the Monkees fame!
  (along with his band)
  Get FREE Music downloads at:
  www.MichaelJantz.com   & check out: www.myspace.com/michaeljantz
  IMMEDIATE RELEASE
  June 1, 2008
  Michael Jantz & The Davenports  -  LIVE AT JIM’S

    Michael Jantz Debuts New EP, “Live At Jim’s”
  At The Winchester on July 5

  Northeast, Ohio: After releasing his second full length album, “Snapshots of the Universe” in May of 2007, Cleveland native, Michael Jantz has already followed up with a hard hitting six song EP, “Live At Jim’s”.  Jantz debuts the EP with a solo performance at The Winchester,  Saturday, July 5, 2008, opening for Peter Tork of the Monkees fame.

  Jantz, a Cleveland favorite who moved to the DC area in 2004, has garnered coverage from XM Radio and internet radio stations for “Snapshots”, as well as licensing agreements with MTV for “The Hills” and “Road Rules”.

  As the band tours the east coast supporting the EP, they are enjoying tremendous accolades for, not only the songs, but the high-energy, rocking new band, The Davenports.  As one witness put it, “Oh my god! They literally rocked my face off!”

  The drive for “Live at Jim’s” was born out of rehearsals between Jantz and his band members in preparation of going on tour to support “Snapshots”.

  The Davenports are comprised of popular DC musicians, Jim Donohue on upright/electric bass and former Bicycle Thieves drummer Dan Perriello, rounded out by the impressive talents of local harmonica player Chris Nammour in his debut recording.

  The material also reflects a shift in influences on Jantz’s song writing, blending indie rock sensibilities drawn from modern acts like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ryan Adams and M. Ward, with more classic rhythm and blues based rock and country rock. The sound on the new EP has been compared to work by The Band, The Black Crowes, CSNY, and as one fan put it, “Bob Dylan after he plugged in.”

  “Live at Jim’s” marks the first production foray for Jantz. Bassist Jim Donohue also pulled double duty as engineer for the EP, which was, as its title suggests, recorded in his home studio.

  “I really wanted to capture the vibe and energy of the live performance,” Jantz said. “We went in and recorded these songs as soon as we could play them through. Although we went back and refined and crafted each track, what you’re hearing are those fresh first takes.“

  Michael Jantz will be performing at The Winchester, 12112 Madison Ave. Lakewood Saturday July 5, 2008 at 9:00 pm.  For more information, visit www.theWinchester.net.

  Enjoy FREE digital downloads from “Live At Jim’s” at www.michaeljantz.com, with CDs and MP3’s available through online outlets, including CD Baby and ITunes.  For more information, contact:  Michael Jantz at 216-650-0612, and visit www.myspace.com/michaeljantz.
  Angie
Starfield Inc.
440-899-5023

Regards,
Angie
Angie Siciliano
Starfield Inc.

Marketing/PR for Artists & Small Businesses
Ph: 440-899-5023
Fax: 440-899-1217
other email:  angdestiny at aol.com
  www.StarfieldMusic.com