[NEohioPAL] URGENT: ACTOR INSTRUCTOR SCAM (OHIO)

ptvna at aol.com ptvna at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 06:50:04 PDT 2008

I would like to get the word out to as many people as I can that there is an acting instructor, Richard Mason, from Acting In Columbus who is scamming students. We drove 2 hrs. and some as far as 3 hrs. to attend an On Camera Workshop that he was supposed to give? 06/22/08 but he never showed nor has he contacted us and sent any refund. I have made attempts to contact him via email and phone to no avail. Apparently from speaking to other people , he has been doing this for the past month.? I just found out this past Sunday that there have been numerous complaints about him and one of his former students is seeking to press charges against him for another issue.

He accepts payment for his workshops by check only so if you have paid him in advance you might want to contact your bank. His workshop was supposed to be held at the Columbus library and when I filed a complaint with them regarding him they said he was not supposed to host any programs there if he accepted money from people enrolled in his workshops.? All classes held at library are to be free.

I don't want this to happen to anyone else and that is why I am sending this message. I plan on taking extra measures against him there are too many innocent ?people, my 11 year old daugher for an example, who worked very hard on her scripts for the workshop who are being hurt by this.