[NEohioPAL] WRP presents Barefoot in the Park -- August 1 thru 16th.

Marie Dusini mardus at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 11:07:33 PDT 2008

                        WESTERN RESERVE PLAYHOUSE STAGES
                             NEIL SIMON’S BAREFOOT IN THE PARK
                                      AUGUST 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 15 & 16

  WRP has had to cancel Bye, Bye, Birdie this summer but we are delighted to replace it with Neil Simon’s sparky 1963 comedy Barefoot In The Park.

  Loosely based on Simon’s own early wedded days with his beloved wife Joan, Barefoot details the comic misadventures of young attorney Paul Bratter (Dan Sekanic) and his spunky free-spirited wife Corie (Linda Sekanic) in their first cramped New York City five flight walk up apartment.

  The couple barely moves in when they are hosting Corie’s rather prim but charming mother Ethel Banks (Linda Ryan) and an eccentric neighbor Valasco (David Hundertmark).  After a misbegotten dinner, an inebriated Corie and Velasco and a vexed Mrs. Banks and Paul return and the couple have a knock-down, drag out fight.  After the marriage seems to be on the rocks, misadventure and slapstick abound thorough out the play until all the problems are ironed out.

  Neil Simon also writes very comical scenes for his minor characters, a telephone repair man and of course the Lord & Taylor delivery man in a cameo that is not only charming but keeps the pace brisk and the shtick at bay allowing the show to be the valentine that it is even in the heat of our Ohio summer.
  This show is being directed by Dan Sekanic a past WRP Member who along with his wife Linda had served many years on the Western Reserve Board of Directors.

  PLAY DATES:   Aug, 1, 2, 8, 9, 10*, 15 & 16th      Fri. & Sat. 8:00 pm Sun 7:30 pm
   TICKETS:    $11.00 Adults    $10.00  Seniors and Students   Group rates available
   Theatre located at 3326 Everett Rd at the corner of Revere Rd. at the Bath/Richfield township line in Summit County, close to Interstates 217 and 77.
  Take I-77 to Exit 143, turn left at the top of the ramp, go one mile to Revere Rd, turn right and go one mile into our parking lot.  We are the big gray barn.