[NEohioPAL] UPDATE To Call For Indie-Film Submissions For Lakewood Public Library Programming

Michael A. Miller msrg-publications at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 04:50:57 PDT 2008

The original posting is below.  Additionally, if you e'mail me with a submission or recommendation, please let me know if there are clips online and let me know the URL or the link.  Also, let me know the running time of your film.  If the running time is more than 90 minutes or two hours, let me know if you'd be willing to submit an edited version if necessary.  Likewise, if it's a film that I might want to include but it has some questionable material, let me know if you would submit an edited version.

Also, I don't know what the arrangements will be for returning your disk.  I don't know if the Library will want to keep your film to put into circulation or maybe even buy a couple copies for each branch.  If you submit a disk to me, please include contact and ordering information, and a self-addressed envelope with postage just in case we need to send your disk back to you.

Thank you.

I'm soliciting independent films for preview, with the intention of presenting them to the Lakewood Public Library for screening at a six-part series during Spring 2009.  I'll be introducing each film with a brief commentary prior to its screening.

This program was just presented to me yesterday, so details are pending.   The screenings are to be open to the public and admission is to be free of cost.

Until I hear otherwise, the only restriction on submissions is, extreme sexual or violent content is prohibited.  Please, don't submit any films you wouldn't be comfortable watching with your parents, children, and clergyperson/spiritual advisor/therapist.  They don't have to be strictly "G-rated"--- just not too over-the-top.

Further, unless I hear otherwise, presumably there will be no compensation for the screening of films at this particular program.

Certainly, brand new films are welcome but if you have an older film that you want to screen publicly, I encourage you to submit it.  Bear in mind that the Lakewood Public Library schedules its programming far in advance.  For example, Spring programming might begin in March, but the library administration is scheduling now.

Personally, my preference is to showcase Ohio filmmakers but, for variety's sake, if anyone knows any filmmakers outside of Ohio, I'd like submissions from everywhere.  I'd also like to know if anyone knows of boards similar to NEOhio-PAL on which I could post request submissions. ( I know the question of other such boards came up before but it wasn't about me, so I wasn't paying attention.)

Please contact me at msrg-publications @earthlink.net if you wish to submit your independent film.  If you have any questions or concerns, I'll present them to the proper authorities at the Lakewood Public Library and make every effort to get more information for you.

Thanks,

Michael A. Miller