[NEohioPAL] The Centrum Re-Opens Stage!

Kishia Williamson kishia.williamson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 1 22:26:45 PDT 2008

Cleveland Heights Greets an Old Friend:  The Centrum

The Historic landmark and former gathering place for the artistically
inclined, The Centrum Theater, re-opened the doors to the 250 -seat
beautifully designed upper theater and stage earlier this summer.

Actor, playwright and resident, Fred Anthony Taylor recently took on the
challenge of reviving this beautiful space.  “I wanted to re-open this
wonderful space for the community and called several times to get in contact
with someone about the property to no avail,” Taylor said.  “When I didn’t
get a response, I made plans to relocate to Florida and right before I did,
I get a call back about the theater and now here we are,” Taylor continued
summing up the break through as fate.

Currently, the theater has launched a program called The Vagabond, a
critically acclaimed one-man show featuring Taylor, who despite his quite
and humble nature happens to also be a Kent State University theater
department legend.  “I’m really excited about this show.  It’s a show the
whole family can come out to see,” he enthusiastically describes.   The
Vagabond, will be performed in conjunction with a campaign fundraiser for
Senator Barack Obama the final weekend of August and is supported by several
community agencies in the area.

The theater that originally dates back to the early 1900’s, will soon house
various stage and unique multimedia productions.  The season schedule will
soon be released.

In addition to stage performances, classes, lectures and workshops open to
adults and children will be offered such as:

Ø	Beginning Stage Acting
Ø	Acting For Television and Film
Ø	Special Lectures on Theater and Film
Ø	Stage Combat
Ø	Salsa Dance
Ø	Belly Dance
Ø	Yoga / Meditation

For information on the event or theater shows and programs, please call Fred
at (216) 544-0363 or Kish at (440) 382-4846.  Emails also welcome at
kishia.williamson at sbcglobal.net