[NEohioPAL] Drummer Wanted

Rob Kovacs rob at returnofsimple.com
Mon Aug 4 11:05:06 PDT 2008

drummer wanted

WHO ARE WE?

            Return of Simple is a piano driven indie rock / chamber pop trio
(piano, bass, drums) from Cleveland, OH. We have played throughout the
Northeast / Midwest. We have shared the stage with acts such as Blessid
Union of Souls, Margot and the Nuclear So & So's, Robbers on High Street,
Red Wanting Blue, and Ludo.

WHO ARE OUR INFLUENCES?

            We enjoy the following musicians: Radiohead, Ben Folds Five,
Jamiroquai, Steve Reich, Claude Debussy, The Beatles, Coldplay, The Bad
Plus, Sufjan Stevens, Yes, Genesis, and ELP.

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

            We are looking for a drummer who possesses most or all of the
following attributes:

            Is legitimately passionate about listening to and making music

            Has some degree of musical training

            Has been playing drums consistently for awhile

            Is willing to play non-idiomatic drum parts

            Has a strong sense of groove and feel

            Honestly wants to make music their career / focus

            Is available to practice / play shows with some frequency

            Can read sheet music

            Can sing (or be willing to at least try)

            Is in their 20's or 30's

HOLY SHIT, SIGN ME UP!

            Not so fast! Check us out at www.returnofsimple.com
<http://www.returnofsimple.com/>  or www.myspace.com/returnofsimple, and