[NEohioPAL] Actors' Summit has a Home!

Neil Thackaberry thackaberryn at actorssummit.org
Mon Aug 4 14:20:54 PDT 2008

NEWS RELEASE

August 4, 2008

Contact: Jim Hackney

(330) 714 - 6740

jimhackney at windstream.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lease Extended, Actors' Summit to Stay for Another Year

(HUDSON, Ohio) - The Actors' Summit will perform for another year at its
current location, thanks to the building's owner, Margaret McGrainor,
who recently extended the lease to the professional theater group.

The theater, which has been operating on a month-to-month lease since
its five-year lease expired in 2006, was able to work out an
arrangement, and the theater will stay put for at least another year.
Hudson City Council passed a resolution June 18, asking the property
owner and the theater group to work together to try and keep Actors'
Summit downtown.

"The theater is such an important part of the Hudson community," said
Kathie Franks, president of the Actors' Summit board of trustees. "The
theater brings art and culture to our city and encourages shopping and
dining downtown. We are thankful to Mrs. McGrainor, who has helped
preserve this important resource in our community."

The theater will open its 10th season with the regional premiere of the
musical comedy "Main Travelled Roads," which will run from Sept. 18 to
Oct. 5.

"We are extremely grateful to Mrs. McGrainor to be able to perform for
another year, and Actors' Summit will certainly deliver another great
season of theater to our community," Franks added.

About Actor's Summit

Actor's Summit opened its doors Feb. 22, 2001. Since then it has
produced 75 major productions, 12 children's productions and four
touring productions. The theater located at 86 Owen Brown Street in
downtown Hudson and seats 165. For more information about Actor's Summit
and its scheduled shows, please visit www.actorssummit.org
<http://www.actorssummit.org/> .