[NEohioPAL] HELP NEEDED!!!

denisedegennaro at hotmail.com denisedegennaro at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:00:15 PDT 2008

'THEATRE MAKES A DIFFERENCE'

The Arts Against Autism: An Autism Awareness Expo

Saturday, August 16th, 2008    11am-2pm

Geauga Lyric Theater

Chardon, OH
Autism is a complex neurobiological disorder that lasts throughout a person's lifetime. Autism impairs a person's ability to communicate and relate to others.  It is also associated with rigid routines and repetitive behaviors, such as obsessively arranging objects or following very specific routines.  Symptoms can range from very mild to quite severe and are referred to as being on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
*   1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than pediatric    cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.  (This statistic is expected to double in the next decade).
*   67 each day  ** 1 every 20 minutes.
*   It is four times more likely to strike boys than girls.
*   It occurs in all racial, ethnic, and social groups.
YET THE FUNDING IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS!
YOU CAN HELP!
I have put together a team in Northeast Ohio for the Cleveland Walk Now for Autism, sponsored by Autism Speaks’ which is a national campaign.  The team’s name is ‘Theater Makes the Difference’.  We have planned a special event, ‘The Arts Against Autism: An Autism Awareness Expo’ to be held Saturday, August 16th, 2008 from 11am-2pm at the Geauga Lyric Theater in Chardon, OH.  We need to raise funds and awareness about autism.
We will have many activities scheduled for kids to take part in, such as, face painting, story telling, magicians, and performers. We will have an Autism Information Booth, special guest speakers experienced in Autism and a presentation.   Also attending will be: Mayor Karen Simpson, State Representative Matthew Dolan, Skipper from the Lake Country Captains, Cinderella, and Batman.
Our goal is to recruit more members for our team and to raise funds to fight this incurable disorder.  We plan to have a 50/50 Raffle and a Chinese Auction with generous donations, such as, tickets to see a live production, dinners at fine dining cuisines, gift baskets of goodies and gift cards.
We are asking that you make a donation.  We are trying to have a large item such as a gaming system or other desired item.  We need money to purchase this item unless it is donated.
Anything that you donate will be greatly appreciated.  From monetary donations to gift cards and services, all donations will all be used to help with the success of the expo.  All proceeds from this event will go directly to Autism Speaks.  In turn, you will receive the recognition and publicity for your donation.  Please also consider the donation of your time.  Your time is always welcome and is Priceless!
Thank you in advance for your consideration,

Anthony Nedelman, Event Coordinator
11837 Aquilla Rd., Chardon, OH 44024
440-313-5018    anthonynedelman at gmail.com                                    501 C(3) Tax ID#:    20-2329938