[NEohioPAL] Mike & Ike review Home for the Arts' "Book of Days"

Jeff Holland mikethelimeyandikethehick at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 12:07:23 PDT 2008

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS SHORT. DR SHOULD BE HAPPY

Mike : (English accent) Greetings and salutations.  He's not Mike.

Ike: (Southern accent) He ain't Ike.  Well, nuggets, we're back with another of our sporadic annoyance attempts, so hit the delete button now or it's your own fault.

M:  Normally, our extended disappearances from this list are because we're either broke or everyone's doing The Sunshine Boys again or we just don't like the people running the theatre's, but this time it's a little different.

I:  We're still broke and we still don't like several people who run the-aters around here (Scott, we're sorry we missed Altar Boyz.  We really are.  That was not on purpose), but this time we actually been busy.  We workin' on a new buncha videos as well as a couple a live shows we're gonna be doin' in Akron in October.

M:  Yes, for once we're actually focusing on our own work.

I:  Not that you'll notice any difference.

M:  But there are a few people we still like, and so . . .

MIKE & IKE PRESENT THE TOP 10 REASONS TO SEE HOME FOR THE ARTS' "BOOK OF DAYS"

#10:  The man who wrote it, Lanford Wilson, has won more awards than Michael Phelps and is pretty much considered a national treasure.  Why is this?  The man can write, and more than just one liners.

#9 . . . #9 . . . #9:  You will be able to totally focus on the writing, as there are no distractions like a set or props to get in your way.

#8:  You will see the tallest man and the shortest woman in Ohio playing a couple, and it works.  Seriously, it's like Yao Ming married an Ewok.

#7:  There are several hot chicks in it.  And they can act.

#6:  A hot blonde chick who isn't in it.

#5:  One of the guys in the show has never acted before.  He's pretty damn impressive . . . and he's hot, too.

#4:  You'll hear one of the best Sean Connery doing W.C. Fields impressions EVER!

#3:  It's a great frakking play.

#2:  It's well directed (And for once, the director didn't pay us to say that)

AND THE #1 REASON TO SEE HOME FOR THE ARTS' "BOOK OF DAYS"

It's not Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

M:  Coming soon:  major self whoring about our live shows in October.

I:  Namaste.