[NEohioPAL] "A Day at the Chalet"

alicebbackus at aol.com alicebbackus at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 15:13:22 PDT 2008

PRESS RELEASE FOR:    “A DAY AT THE CHALET”

SPONSORED BY:               THE ARTS IN STRONGSVILLE

We are very excited to present our 8th annual “A Day at the Chalet”.  This year’s event is scheduled for Sunday, September 21, 2008 from 12:00  to 5:00 p.m. at The Chalet located in the Strongsville Metroparks.  This community event promises to be very exciting! We have created an art paradise where the children will be guided through “hands-on” activities.  Inside the Chalet, the children will have lots of fun having their faces painted and the opportunity to participate in our annual coloring contest.  Outside, on the grounds, the children will participate in making their own hand made jewelry, decorating sun visors and door hangers, and creating their own “goody” sacks.  Also featured throughout the day will be live performances, exhibitions by unique artists, demonstrations, and audience participation in both music and art.

This exciting festival celebrating art in its many forms is funded through contributions from local businesses and community leaders.  Support from many area sponsors including Pat Catan’s, our Title Sponsor, is helping to give the children opportunities to explore and discover the artist inside each of them.   The Arts in Strongsville is thankful to all of the community members who have given generously to promote
and fund this event, and to all Arts in Strongsville members and friends who will be acting as hosts.

Please join us Sunday, September 21st, rain or shine!  Bring the children, bring your friends.  Food and Beverages are available at the Chalet. Non-perishable food donations for the Strongsville Food Bank are appreciated!