[NEohioPAL] BCA Book Club Meetings

Brecksville Center for the Art brecksvillearts at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 11:36:24 PDT 2008

BCA Book Club September through December 2008
For more information call: 440-526-6232

Facilitated by Penny Burns, the BCA Book Club meets on the 4th Monday of each month from 6 – 8 pm, at the Human Services Center, One Community Drive, in Brecksville.
The next meeting will be: Monday September 22, and we read the classic, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
Upcoming months include:
Monday October 27, In the Woods by Tana French
Monday November 24, Sweet Mandarin by Helen Tse
Monday December 8, The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society by       Shaffer Barrows
       Four very different books, a classic, coming of age novel, a mystery, a non fiction book about 2 Chinese women and their move from rural China to Hong Kong and finally a novel based on the historical occupation of the Isle of Guernsey by the Nazis in WWII and the locals "underground" movement to break the tyranny.
       All meetings are held at the Human Services building in Brecksville (immediately behind the Community Center) and run from 6-8 p.m.
       The December discussion will be at Austin's Restaurant in Brecksville (shopping plaza where Heinen's is located).  All attendees are asked to bring a gently used or new, favorite book gift wrapped to exchange for the holidays. We will dine and discuss our book!
        Participants are encouraged to read the book but all are welcome.  The Book Group is free to all but is limited to 20. Registration is required.
Call Brecksville Center for the Arts at 440-526-6232 for more information.

Robin David Bauer
Executive Director

Brecksville Center for the Arts
8997 Highland Dr