[NEohioPAL] Last weekend to see OLEANNA with CHARENTON THEATER and CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY!! October 23-26th at Cleveland State.

Denise Astorino denise.astorino at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 21:09:42 PDT 2008

*Cleveland State University
Dramatic Arts program
and
Charenton Theatre
present
David Mamet's*
*Oleanna*
*October 23rd-26th*
*Thur-Sats 8pm --- Sundays at 2pm*

Cleveland State University's Dramatic Arts Program and Charenton Theatre's
production of Oleanna closes this Sunday October 26th!!

A young woman (played by CSU student Renee Schilling), walks into the office
of her college professor (Allan Byrne) to discuss her performance in his
class.  The next day she returns to his office to confront him about his
methods and manner, shattering the delicate façade of academic objectivity.
Along with Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House, Oleanna will serve to bring major
feminist issues to the public consciousness this semester at Cleveland
State.
Oleanna, directed by Jacqi Loewy, runs from October 16–26, Thursdays through
Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm at the Cleveland State University
Factory Theatre.

Tickets are $10 general admission, $5 for students, seniors and CSU
faculty/staff.  For ticket reservations, call the box office at
216.687.2109.

"I recall loud arguments breaking out during the intermission and after the
play, as the audience spilled out of an off-Broadway theater all worked up
over its portrait of… sexual harassment? Or was it self-righteous Political
Correctness?"
–Roger Ebert
"A self-congratulatory male professor on the verge of tenure, and the
furious female student who nails him to the cross of political correctness
... Is this scene provocative enough for you?"
–Plain Dealer
--
"I read Shakespeare and the Bible, and I can shoot dice. That's what I call
a liberal education."---Tallulah Bankhead