[NEohioPAL] Fw: Calling all poets, singers, rappers- GET OUT AND VOTE EVENT- PASS IT ON

Mari-Alistine Moss mari_moss at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 11:44:55 PDT 2008

CALLING ALL SINGERS, POETS, RAPPERS, THE OTHERWISE TALENTED AND THOSE THAT WANT TO BE INFORMED.

WHO:

Y.E.P ( Youth Empowerment Program of Ohio) in collaboration with P.E.A.C.E TV, Community Services of Stark County,  and the YMCA teen center who have made positive things happen for youth throughout this community and beyond, are joining together for a very important cause.  We are working toward getting the 18-30 year olds to GET OUT AND GO VOTE this November 4th election!

WHAT:

YE.P., P.E.A.C.E. TV, YMCA, and Community Services of Stark County will hold an open mic event to inspire this age group to express themselves through poetry and singing Russell Simmons “Def Poetry” style to inform and encourage this generation to exercise their rights to get out and go vote. After a night of poetry there will be a chance for everyone to commence in an evening of dance and fun, but before that happens every person at the poetry event will know who is running for local and national office, what they stand for in regards to their needs, and will be inspire to GET OUT AND GO VOTE!

WHEN: Saturday, November 1st 2008 from 8- 10:30 PM

WHERE: The Canton YMCA teen center is a newly renovated establishment located in downtown Canton.

This event will be televised and aired on P.E.A.C.E.TV channel 11 Canton City Schools, and YouTube and is made possible through a grant by the GUND Foundation in Cleveland Ohio.
Please click the links to see our latest show on voting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqbziTo0lRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIAm37s7N8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSPxmZu2CfE

 We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same!