[NEohioPAL] Roxy's Reads Newsletter - Oct. 28, 2008

Debbie Born roxysreads at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 17:40:48 PDT 2008

Roxy’s Reads
Newsletter

October 28, 2008

Greetings and
salutations, readers! Here’s your weekly dose of news from
your favorite used bookstore and consignment shop.

The Halloween “Guess
the Candy Corn” contest has been extended. We’ve
decided to give our friends and customers a few more days to take
part in the contest. Stop by the store, look at the jar, guess the
number of candy corn, and maybe win a prize! No purchase necessary.
You have until real Halloween to play. That’s October 31.

While you’re at
the store, please look around at some of the changes we made, our new
inventory, and say Hi!

Like to be social on
the Internet? Do you have a Facebook.com account? Look for Roxy’s
Readers on Facebook. It’s a new group all about the store. Talk
about books, share your thoughts in the forum, and enjoy a virtual
trip to the bookstore. You can join us at:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29524364939&ref=ts

As Harry Potter and
the Half-Blood Prince movie approaches, people are lining up and
pre-ordering the new Tales of Beedle the Bard book. Tales is the
equivalent of a book of fairy tales read by young wizards in the
Harry Potter universe.

Pre-order the book at
the store, and not only can you save almost two dollars off of the
retail price of 12.99, but you can participate in the big release
party that Roxy’s will have at 11 pm December 11th.
Be one of the first people in the area to get the book. Visit the
store, or RoxysReads.net for more info. More information in future
newsletters.

Also coming soon…

November 8 from 1 to 4
pm: Author Visit with Virgil Smith. The former Elyria school teacher
turned published poet comes to the store to sign his books, talk about
his career, and answer your questions.

November 15 from 1 to 4 pm: Author
Visit with Larry Tracey, author of a young adult series starting with "The Secret of the Can" an
inspirational book telling you how not to get bogged down by the
garbage in life.

November 9: Miracle on Main Street, a Christmas Pageant and Parade - Annual
Downtown Christmas Open House sponsored by Main Street Amherst
(www.MainStreetAmherst.org).

November 28: Day after
Thanksgiving Double Punch Event. Black Friday. The day after
Thanksgiving. You can wake up at some obscene hour and fight the
crowds at the mall, or you can come in after 11 am and browse our
shelves in a friendly quiet atmosphere. One thing to keep in mind…
Wal-mart doesn’t give you double punches on your Roxy’s
Reads Punch Card on Black Friday.

December 4 @ 11 pm: New
J.K. Rowling/Harry Potter book release party. J.K. Rowling expands the
Harry Potter universe with a new original book. You can pre-order
here at the store and pick up the book the very minute it’s
officially released. And chances are, you won’t have to drive
as far to get home after we celebrate at the store!

Have a good week, keep
reading, and don’t forget to come and visit. We’re open
Monday through Friday 11 am to 7 pm, Saturday 11 am to 4 pm, and
we’re closed Sunday.

Mike
Leuszler
With able