[NEohioPAL] Accomplice to Open in Hudson this Friday, Nov 7. Getting Tickets May Be Murder

Gary Maher gmaher at alltel.net
Sun Nov 2 07:25:15 PST 2008

Hudson Players to Open "Accomplice" This Friday, November 7

Opening Night Audience Invited Out to Hudson's On the Green Restaurant After
Performance

The Hudson Players are ready to open their production of Rupert Holmes'
Accomplice, a twisty, sure to fool and amuse mystery-comedy this Friday,
November 7 at the Barlow Community Center in Hudson. The play is so unique,
clever and enjoyable in fact, that it was honored by the Mystery Writers of
America with its "Edgar" (Allen Poe) Award, the "Oscar" of the mystery
field. Tickets are available at www.hudsonplayers.com. Opening night
audiences are also in for an extra treat as they are invited out afterwards
for a reception with the cast and crew at Hudson's Restaurant on the Green
in downtown Hudson.

The time is the mid-1970s. The setting is the English cottage-like home of
Janet and Derek Taylor. Over the course of two acts, we will discover
repeatedly that nothing is quite as it seems. The multiple plot twists,
which will surely not be revealed here, are amusing and quite entertaining
throughout most of the evening.   Accomplice will provide a couple of hours
of pure pleasure.

A major part of the pleasure comes from the witty and intelligent dialogue
which Holmes generously provides.   There is a tone to the play that invites
us to play along with the game that is afoot.   Author Rupert Holmes clearly
owes a debt here to Anthony Shaffer's Sleuth and Ira Levin's Deathtrap.
Holmes is surely paying homage to them.

Performance dates are November 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 & 22. Tickets are $12 and
are available now via the web at www.HudsonPlayers.com
<http://www.hudsonplayers.com/>  or by calling 330-655-8522. Please Note,
this show contains adult situations and language and is not recommended for
children. Curtain time is 8 p.m. Group and senior discounts are available.
The group recommends reserving early as gettting tickets later may be
murder.

Accomplice is being directed by Claudia Lillibridge and produced by Kirk
Worcester and Marianne Karlson. It features Denise Bernstein as Janet,
Darlene Rocco as Melinda, Mitch Manthey as Derek and Doug Lillibridge as
Jon.

The Hudson Players are located right in the heart of Hudson, Ohio in the
Barlow Community Center.

>From the North, simply exit 480 at Rt. 91 in Twinsburg and head south. Take
a left on Rt. 303 (just past the clocktower) and a right on Oviatt St. The
Barlow Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the
road.

>From the South, exit Rt. 8 at the 303 exit and head east (right). After you
head through the center of town, make a right onto Oviatt St. The Barlow
Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the road.

The Hudson Players are one of the area's longest running community theaters.
With a rich history of great shows, community involvement and an
ultra-friendly performing environment the group embodies its unofficial
slogan of "good shows, good friends, good times.