[NEohioPAL] Hudson Players Announce Auditions for "An Evening with the Taffetas and Cardigans"

Gary Maher gmaher at alltel.net
Sun Nov 2 08:00:23 PST 2008

Hudson Players Announce Auditions for

"An Evening with The Taffetas and Cardigans"

The Hudson Players have announced AUDITIONS for An Evening with The Taffetas
and Cardigans, a back-to-back, fun, 50's musical journey to be directed by
Matthew Dolan.

The show is actually a joining of two different, but similar, award winning
musicals that tell the story of two 50's era harmony groups. The Taffeta's
are four singing sisters that have reunited to reminisce about their great
girl group music and careers and the Cardigans, who hail from Wooster, Ohio,
have reunited with their distinctive male harmony style to join them. This
is a unique opportunity as this is the first time these two popular 50's era
harmony group musicals are being offered as a single evening's
entertainment. This was made possible by special arrangement with the
creator, Rick Lewis. Both shows are to be presented in reunion version
format. Casting needs include (4) males and (4) females that can sing and do
some movement.

Auditions are at Barlow Community Theater - Hudson, Ohio

Sunday     November 16th     7pm

Monday     November 17th    7pm

Vocal Auditions will require the individual to prepare one song, preferably
reminiscent of the era.  An accompanist will be provided, and the individual
is asked to bring sheet music in the correct key.

All roles are available.

The Taffetas tells the story of Kaye, Peggy, Cheryl and Donna, four singing
sisters from Muncie, Indiana reminiscing about making their national
television singing debut on "Spotlight on Music," a fictitious weekly 1950's
television show on the real-life Dumont Television Network. This serves as
the framework for an evening of some of the greatest girl group hits of the
1950's including the sounds of The McGuire Sisters, The Fontane Sisters and
The Chordettes. Opening Off-Broadway almost two years before "Forever
Plaid", The Taffetas made nostalgia what it is today!

THE Cardigans hailed from Wooster, Ohio - the College of Wooster, to be
exact! Chuck, Frankie, Johnny and Buddy reunite to reflect on their
graduation when they left behind their pals at Alpha Mu Phi Pi. They
reminisce about embarking on their first live personal appearance tour,
their college days, their ex-girlfriends, their childhoods as sons of
Protestant ministers, and their unexpected fame as singing idols. They'll
sing some of the greatest hits of the 1950's - songs they recorded on their
album, "Wooster in my Heart", songs such as "Beep, Beep," "Mack the Knife,"
and more.  The Cardigans is music, fun and harmony. Winner of the 1990 New
York Bistro Award For Outstanding Musical Revue!

Performance dates will be February 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, 27 & 28.

Curtain is 8pm, except on the 22nd, which will be a special 2 p.m. matinee.

Please call 330-655-8522 (voice mail), visit the group's website at
www.hudsonplayers.com <http://www.hudsonplayers.com/>  or email
info at hudsonplayers.com with any questions you might have. The Hudson Players
are a non profit volunteer run community theater. Participation in
productions is open to members and non-members alike.

Hope to see you at auditions!!

The Hudson Players are located right in the heart of Hudson, Ohio in the
Barlow Community Center.

>From the North, simply exit 480 at Rt. 91 in Twinsburg and head south. Take
a left on Rt. 303 (just past the clock tower) and a right on Oviatt St. The
Barlow Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the
road.

>From the South, exit Rt. 8 at the 303 exit and head east (right). After you
head through the center of town, make a right onto Oviatt St. The Barlow
Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the road.

The Hudson Players are one of the area's longest running community theaters.
With a rich history of great shows, community involvement and an
ultra-friendly performing environment the group embodies its unofficial
slogan of "good shows, good friends, good times.