[NEohioPAL] "OF THEE I SING" Nov 14, 15, 21, 22

James Harris jharris at hlcommunications.com
Wed Nov 12 12:27:01 PST 2008

Election Day shenanigans continue a wee bit longer with the Gates Mills
Players adaptation of
Of Thee I Sing, the hilarious 1931 satire on presidential politics, Nov.
14-15 &. 21-22
in the Gates Mills Community House, 1460 Chagrin River Rd.

Written by George S. Kaufman and Morrie Ryskind, with music and lyrics by
George and Ira Gershwin,
Of Thee I Sing was the first musical to be awarded the Pulitzer Prize.  It
ran for a record 18 months,
becoming the most popular show on Broadway during the 1930s.  Its score
includes such standards
as its title song, "Love Is Sweeping the Country," and "Who Cares."

Tickets are $8, and can be purchased at the door or reserved by calling
440-423-3242.
Curtain is at 8 pm.

Sara's Place, across from the Gates Mills Community House, is also offering
a 20% discount
on the food portion of the bill for diners who show a ticket from Of Thee I
Sing.