[NEohioPAL] Roxy's Newsletter - Nov. 12 2008

Debbie Born roxysreads at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 12:04:25 PST 2008

November 12, 2008

Author Meet and Greet with Larry Tracey. Learn The Secret of the Can.

You think YOU have problems? Well of course you do. Don’t we all? But sometimes the problems we have can seem a lot bigger than they really are. Want to find out some ways to deal with those kinds of problems?

Come to the store on Saturday, November 15 from 1 to 4 pm for our meet and greet with author Larry Tracey. His book is titled The Secret of the Can.

>From the book, “Most people get distracted by the drama and the garbage of life. Knowing "The Secret of the Can" gives you the freedom to pursue your dreams and direction in life.

“Give your students this fast paced one-hour session with author and Youth4Youth founder, Larry Tracey and his “garbage can.”  During an hour that has been described as practical and down-to-earth, giving students a visual that will last a lifetime.
“Larry shares tools that have helped thousands of teens and adults avoid wandering down the road of personal destruction by sending them on a journey of personal construction. “
Hope to see you there.

Treat your favorite Harry Potter fan to a special Holiday Gift

First, a trivia question…

What did Professor Dumbledore give Harry for Christmas in the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone? (Look for the answer at the end of the newsletter.)

The Christmas Holiday is always an important part of any Harry Potter book, and this holiday season you can get your favorite HP aficionado the latest offering from J. K. Rowling, creator and author of the young wizard’s series.

Tales of Beedle the Bard is the wizarding world’s equivalent of Grimm’s Fairy Tales. Now Muggles everywhere can read these stories just like Hermione, Ron, and many of the students of Hogwarts have.

This isn’t a direct sequel to the incredibly popular coming of age story of Harry Potter, but a spin-off that embellishes the overall HP universe.

Come into the store now to pre-order your book and you can pick it up during our Release Party Event on December 3 at 11 pm. The book will be available at Midnight, the witching hour. Until then, you can dress up as a HP character, and have fun with the gang.
And did we mention that you save almost 2 dollars when you pre-order? We made the price smaller, the best kind of magic there is. But you need to pre-order to get that discount.

Our New Consignment Policy

If you’ve been thinking of coming into Roxy’s to offer up items for consignment, now is the time to do it. We have changed our policy on some consignments to encourage more and better products for your purchase. And the holidays are coming up fast. Before you know it, overstuffed shoppers will be hitting all of the stores in search of holiday gifts and maybe you have something they want. Don’t let it collect anymore dust. It’s easier than ebay!

Call or email the store before bringing anything in.

Coming Soon

November 28: Day after Thanksgiving Double Punch Event. Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving. You can wake up at some obscene hour and fight the crowds at the mall, or you can come in after 11 am and browse our shelves in a friendly quiet atmosphere.

December 4 @ 12 am, Midnight: New J.K. Rowling/Harry Potter book release party. JK Rowling expands the Harry Potter universe with a new original book. You can pre-order here at the store and pick up the book the very minute it’s officially released. And chances are, you won’t have to drive as far to get home after we celebrate at the store!

Don’t forget to visit our website, which is www.RoxysReads.net.

We’re open Monday through Friday 11 am to 7 pm, Saturday 11 am to 4 pm, and we’re closed Sunday.

Mike Leuszler
With able assistance from Kathy Whitmore
Roxy’s Publicity

Answer to the trivia question: Professor Dumbledore gave Harry his father’s Invisibility Cloak, which he put to good use many, many times in the course of the HP series.

Roxy's Reads and Remnants
Your Independent Book Store
Books, Gifts & Surprises
132 Park Avenue, Amherst, OH 44001