[NEohioPAL] OPENING NIGHT! TONIGHT! FAIRMOUNT'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL - COMPLETELY AFFORDABLE!

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 04:14:03 PST 2008

 December 12, 2008

*TONIGHT (DEC 12 at 7:30)!  OPENING NIGHT - PAY WHAT YOU CAN!*  On opening
night of *A Christmas Carol - An Evening with Charles Dickens*, (starring
Tom Fulton), all patrons of the theatre may attend for whatever ticket price
they can afford.  Our regular ticket prices are listed below, but as way to
introduce Fairmount's new theatre program to all of our patrons, *we are
offering opening night tickets for ANY PRICE!*  If all you can afford is
$1.00, or $2,00 or $10.00, then that is your admission price.  We want you
to see our new theatre and experience this wonderful holiday production -
suitable for the whole family.  This production is open seating, so first
come, first serve.

On opening night, *Pay-What-You-Can* applies to EVERYONE*.*  This policy
will be extended for the entire run to *all high-school and college students
with a student ID*.  If you are a student, you can attend A CHRISTMAS CAROL
at Fairmount *any* day of the run for *any price* you can afford.

You'll find us right off the highway (I-271 & Wilson Mills):  6622 Wilson
Mills Road - (at the corner of Wilson Mills and Rt. 91 in Mayfield Village)

*A CHRISTMAS CAROL - AN EVENING WITH CHARLES DICKENS*, starring executive
director and veteran professional actor Tom Fulton will open on Friday,
December 12 at 7:30 p.m. and play *five performances only* through December
20.  This one-man show is modeled after the performances Charles Dickens
himself brought to America to great acclaim in the 1860's.  Mr. Fulton has
been performing A CHRISTMAS CAROL for many years both privately and for the
public.

In previous productions of his work on A CHRISTMAS CAROL the reviewers'
comments were:

Cleveland Press:  "*A minor theatrical triumph...  It is a masterful
thing.... It deserves to be heard....  It deserves to be seen.... It has
been done with both respect and ingenuity."*

The Sun Press: *"It reaches out and touches you, just as it's meant to....
Fulton's interpretation exudes warmth and good cheer... Love and laughter
bubble near the surface... It makes you feel good... Fulton's SCROOGE is
delicious and wonderfully faceted... "*

The Plain Dealer: *"This sight of Scrooge's repentance is as electric to
childish hearts as the sight of the 14th Cavalry coming to the rescue."
*
This production of A CHRISTMAS CAROL - AN EVENING WITH CHARLES DICKENS is
the first of several productions to be produced by Fairmount in its new
theatre this year.  Other shows include a surprise youth and teen theatre
production in February and a professional production of Neil Simon's THE ODD
COUPLE slated for April 16 - May 3.

Tickets can be reserved by calling the Fairmount box office at 440-338-3171.
 Regular ticket prices for this production are priced as follows:  Adults
$20, Seniors $18 and Students $17.  On opening night, all patrons will be
admitted for whatever they can afford.  All students (with student ID) will
be admitted on a pay-what-you-can-afford basis for the entire run.

Performance dates are Dec 12 and 13, 7:30; Dec 14, 2:30;  Dec 19 & 20, 7:30.

Please join us for a wonderful holiday production the WHOLE family can
enjoy.

*FAIRMOUNT CENTER FOR THE ARTS*
Fairmount Center for the Arts offers educational and performance programming
on our Novelty Campus (Geauga County) and in Mayfield Village as the
Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory (FPAC) at the Mayfield Village Civic
Center - 6622 Wilson Mills Road (Cuyahoga County) - at the corner of Wilson
Mills and Rt 91.
www.fairmountcenter.org
FAIRMOUNT PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY
At Mayfield Village
A division of FAIRMOUNT CENTER FOR THE ARTS
www.fairmountcenter.org
Contact: Shirley Kolenic 440-338-3171