[NEohioPAL] ***Thought for the Day*** Peace...

Edward Niam edniam at alltel.net
Mon Dec 15 13:29:50 PST 2008

Peace Starts Here

Thich Nhat Hanh

We often think of peace as the absence of war; that if the powerful
countries would reduce their arsenals, we could have peace. But if we look
deeply into the weapons, we see our own minds - our prejudices, fears, and
ignorance. Even if we transported all the bombs to the moon, the roots of
war and the reasons for bombs would still be here, in our hearts and minds,
and sooner or later we would make new bombs.

Seek to become more aware of what causes anger and separation, and what
overcomes them. Root out the violence in your life, and learn to live
compassionately and mindfully. Seek peace. When you have peace within, real
peace with others will be possible.

*********************************

Eliminate the bloated ego, the need to always win, to defeat and destroy and
most of all, the hunger to dominate and we can begin the process of peace.

For 200 million years the dinosaurs ruled the Earth and they died out 65
million years ago. The only trace of their existence is a few fossils. The
age of the universe is measured in billions while the existence of mankind
in its present form can be measured in thousands. There is order in the
universe and in nature. Humans are the only species that wantonly destroy
everything in their path and often in the name of God. When we are gone,
what will be our legacy?

How pathetic is the lust for power over our brothers and sisters and all
other life forms. We should weep for the countless millions who have
suffered and died for the arrogance and envy of a few.

Edward

TaiQiGongTM Fitness Systems

Institute For Self Healing

Edward Niam, M-T.C.M.

118 West Streetsboro Street

Suite 224

Hudson, Ohio 44236

330.564.7558/fax-342.3802

 <http://www.instituteforselfhealing.com> www.instituteforselfhealing.com

 <mailto:edniam at instituteforselfhealing.com>
edniam at instituteforselfhealing.com

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

 but by the moments that take our breath away."