[NEohioPAL] more information about the STAFF POSITIONS at FPAC for this SUMMER

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:36:34 PST 2008

*FAIRMOUNT PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY
Summer Programs – '09
Fred Sternfeld – program director*

Formerly known as Fairmount Performing Arts Camp, we have changed our name
to Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory to better reflect what we do –
offer high caliber conservatory training to young people.

Dates: In general the training programs are on weekdays from 10:00am -
4:30pm, June 22 - July 31, 2009, with a few possible staff training sessions
the week of June 15.  Six weeks total, three weeks per sessions.

Compensation: Competitive.

Seasonal positions are available for our summer program – full time, part
time and special workshops.
FPAC consists of four programs

*PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP* - Professional training for young people
entering grades 6 -12 and college students, by audition. Younger students
may be admitted by special permission of the program director.

*PRODUCTION WORKSHOP* - A fun production experience for children and teens
entering grades 4 – 6, open enrollment – no audition is necessary.

*CREATIVE ARTS WORKSHOP* - A fun production experience for children entering
grades 1-3, open enrollment – no audition is necessary.

*FPAC PRESENTS!* - Fully mounted productions presented by young people, by
audition. Last summer we did Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor
Dreamcoat<http://goog_1228832571845>
 and  <http://goog_1228832571845>Romeo and
Juliet<http://www.fredsternfeld.com/josephromeojulietfpac08.htm>
 .  Next summer's productions will be announced in the near future.

*SEEKING THE FOLLOWING STAFF

**We are looking for staff who have experience and love working with young
people in at least one age group: 1-3 grade, 4-6 grade, 7-9 grade, 10-12
grade, college.
**
Supervisors should be mid-career professionals who will work with the
program director to provide an enriching, comprehensive program for the
Production Workshop (4-6 graders) and the Creative Arts Workshop (1-3
graders). In addition, applicant should have experience working with these
age groups and have some of the skills listed under "Instructors" below.

Instructors should be mid-career professionals with expertise  and
experience in one or more areas:  acting / scene study class that focuses on
Stanislavski training,  Meisner training and/or Hagen training, Spolin
Improvisational Technique, Creative Dramatics, Audition Technique,
Improvisation, Shakespeare, Stage Combat, Stage Makeup, Music, Dance,
Choreography.*

*Assistant Instructors* should be college students or recent
college graduates with some expertise in one or more of the above areas.

*Counselors* should be high school juniors and seniors or older.  They
will assist with the younger children in the Production and Creative
Arts Workshops.

Please email or mail or fax your resume, a cover letter, an
application<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/empapp.pdf>
and any supporting materials to:

Fred Sternfeld
24021 Halburton Road
Beachwood, Ohio 44122
216-360-0708-home phone
216-360-0718-fax

PS - An updated '09 website will be up in the near future.  Last year's
program is still online if you want to check it out:
http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/