[NEohioPAL] DOBAMA- Where are you? No literally, where are you? I'm not into that namby-pamby metaphorical grabage.

Bernadette Clemens bunnysue16 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:36:11 PST 2009

Neither were the production run dates listed, and the playwright had to add those dates in a subsequent post.

I agree that all professional actors in the region would really appreciate producer posts that include ALL pertinent information, including whether AEA contracts are or are not available for any production at a professional theatre (which some postings still neglect to note.)

My 2 cents, and for gods sake I'm so sorry that you had to run around like that. Shocking. I have no idea where auditions or callbacks were or will be held. But best of luck.

From: goulismp at hotmail.comTo: neohiopal at listserve.comDate: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:01:49 -0600Subject: [NEohioPAL] DOBAMA- Where are you? No literally, where are you? I'm not into that namby-pamby metaphorical grabage.

Can anyone help me out with this one:  I saw Dobama's audition post last week, called for 3 pm and then had a serious fiasco finding the place where they were doing the audition (not listed in the post), went to three different places to look for them (website is out of date as is their SEO via google)-including their new admin offices on Lee Rd where no one was present and ended up giving up after checking out their supposedly last location under Guy's Pizza on Coventry.  I also called both numbers associated with the theatre and no one answered.   I ended up giving up and was 20% bummed i didn't get to audition for what sounds like a relevent theatre production about the mortgage crisis, 20% feeling foolish for saying I'd be there and not making it, which is embrassing to a perfectionist like myself, and 60% annoyed that it wasn't as simple as finidng the proper address on google and driving there- and that in considering I run a non-theatre related company by day and am a business man, I'd be embarrased if this happened to anyone trying to find me... Did anyone else go?  Am I just an idiot?  (well yess of course I am but I mean just about this)Thanks,  Mike

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.