[NEohioPAL] More Testimonials & a NEW Class Offered at Houde School of Acting!

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 07:39:40 PST 2009

Houde School of Acting Updates!

COMING IN FEBRUARY: Audition Technique Class!
Stay tuned for more information on Houde School of Acting's first ever Audition Techniques Class!  We will be sending out more information within the next week but those of you who are interested please contact us for more information and early registration.  Special rates will apply to those attending both our Adult Meisner Class & the Audition Technique Class.

See What More of the Students Are Saying:
After such a good response from our last testimonials we decided to share with you what a few of our other students have said!

"I’ve been attending Houde School of Acting classes for almost 5 years and the growth as an actor and person I’ve experienced is tremendous... I feel very confident in emotionally preparing for Meisner exercises and scenes.  I have learned how to work fully off my partner and get out of my head which I think is the hardest obstacle for actors…  I am so grateful for this class and highly suggest coming to Houde School of Acting for actors who are serious about developing their craft.”  ~4+ Year Student, Ashley Gulla
"I am very happy to be one of  Jessica's  students my skills as an actors have improved under her guidance , and in her class  you have freedom to grow and  learn .  I have been cast in some acting roles,  in part due to being prepared ;  with 2 monolgues  which  Jessica helped me select  and work on." ~4 Year Advanced Student, Frank Conti

"The Houde School has helped me out in several areas of my life.  Professionally of course, in that I feel like I have a greater ability to prepare for a scene and act it out truthfully.  I have been able to grasp the concept of "living in the moment" and tune in to the working scene and the other actor(s) I am working with more closely." ~Beginner Student, Justine Greenwald

"Jessica facilitates a learning environment that is both fun and professional.  Her passion for teaching and for the Meisner Technique shows during every class.  It is such a
privilege to have someone with her extensive knowledge and experience teaching classes in our area." ~Advanced Student, Kurt Yue

"I have only been attending the Houde School of acting for a month and I have already have learned so much from Jessica.... It is just a wonderful place to be apart of. ~Beginner Student, Antonia Villalon.

"Every single class, I am brought to tears of laughter, joy, or sadness by the other students.  I cannot express enough how much I take away from and enjoy the class.  Jessica has taught me more in three months than an entire faculty taught me in two years.  The professionalism, strong sense of community, and benefit of the classes are all reasons why I know that I will be a lifelong student!" ~Houde School of Acting Student, Lindsay Baker

"I enrolled in Houde because I found from my research that the Meisner technique is agreeable in philosophy and that Houde School of Acting is one of the only, if not the only, school of acting in Cleveland that teaches from the professional/serious actor perspective-.....I have not been at Houde long but have found that it has been useful training..." ~Experienced Actor and HSA Student, Mike Goulis

"The houde school school of acting allows the actor to reach inside and reveal truthfully their complex inner self.....Jessica's authentic love for the art of acting and her students makes the school a welcoming home to study."~HSA Student, Channing Jackson

Adult Meisner Acting Class:
Monday & Wednesday's  7:00-9:00pm
Saturday's                         5:00-7:00pm
$100 per month, due on the first class of each month.  Classes are  ON-GOING.
*Pro-rated prices are available to students who start in the middle of the month.

Our adult Meisner Acting class is based on the Meisner technique of "living truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go through a series of improv exercises that are designed to teach them how to work off their partner, stay in the moment and out of their head.  Along with Meisner's improv exercises, students work on monologues, audition technique and emotional preparation to expand their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced student as we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence, inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the Meisner technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:

Ashley Gulla
1777 Coventry Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44117