[NEohioPAL] GODSPELL OPENS AT HEIGHTS YOUTH THEATRE THIS FRIDAY

Pamela Fine olydia78 at ameritech.net
Thu Jan 15 01:50:22 PST 2009

  Heights Youth Theatre
presents

Godspell

directed by Sean Szaller

>From the same composer who penned last season's hit, "Children of Eden," comes this joyous musical about the power to change the world.  Critics have hailed Godspell as "A hit!  A big, big hit!" (New York Times) and a musical that "turns the theater into a joyful palace" (Billboard magazine).  Godspell is based on the Gospel of St. Matthew and follows the teachings of Jesus.  However this isn't a "bible play."  This story reminds everyone that in order to change the world, we must first build a community of people committed to making a difference.  Godspell is filled with life and an unmatched sense of playfulness!  In today's ever-changing social, political, and economic climate, the message of Godspell couldn't be more relevant.  Come enjoy this wonderfully interactive musical that features well-known songs like "Day by Day" and "Save the People."  You'll come in wanting to see a great show, and leave feeling ignited to spread this wonderful message to the world!  Can you really afford to miss that chance?

Show opens Friday, January 16, 7:00 PM

Friday, January 16, 23 & 30, 7:00 PM
Saturday,January 17, 24 & 31, 2:00 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2:00 PM

all performances are at

Wiley Auditorium
2181 Miramar Road
University Heights, Ohio 44118

Box office will open 45 minutes before the show

Tickets~(cash or check only)

$8 for children
6 and under/seniors

$9 general admission

www.heightsyouththeatre.org

Heights Youth Theatre programming is made possible by the generous support of
The Ohio Arts Council, The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation, Eaton Charitable Fund
and the residents of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture