[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Symphony Concert Feb. 20/21 - Call for volunteer musicians

James Traxler jtraxbay at oh.rr.com
Thu Jan 15 12:08:51 PST 2009

The TrueNorth Symphony will present its annual Symphonic Concert on February
20 and 21 at the French Creek Nature Center in Sheffield Village.  The theme
this year is "Picture This," including visual projections during the
concert.  Here is the program:

Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition

Dragonetti Bass Concerto in A

Telemann Flute Concerto in G

Albinoni Concerto for Two Oboes in C

John Williams Return of the Jedi

We are looking for additional volunteer musicians to join us for this
concert.  We can use strings in every section except double bass, and could
use help at oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, trombone and trumpet.  Please
contact me (see below) if you are interested.  An informal audition is
required.  We rehearse every Monday night from now to the concert, with an
additional rehearsal on Sunday night, February 15.

All rehearsals, and the concerts, are at TrueNorth at French Creek, 4530
Colorado Ave. (Route 611) in Sheffield Village.  It is located 2.5 miles
north and west of the I-90/Rt. 611 interchange.

For those not playing in the Symphony, we certainly invite you to save the
date and come enjoy the concert.  Tickets are $10 and can be purchased
on-line at www.TNCArts.org or from any Symphony or TrueNorth Chorale member.
Tickets can also be purchased at the door, unless we are sold out in
advance.

Jim Traxler

Director, TrueNorth Symphony

 <mailto:jtraxbay at oh.rr.com> jtraxbay at oh.rr.com