[NEohioPAL] Keep Government out of the Arts

Anastasjoy at aol.com Anastasjoy at aol.com
Sun Feb 1 12:36:42 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/1/09 11:11:21 AM, smith at tennisamigo.com writes:

> The purpose of governments is to protect us from hostile nations and from
> criminals and settle disputes in the courts.  Keep the government out of
> the arts, out of banks, out of autos, and out of our pockets.

It would be good (and more accurate) to rephrase this as "In my opinion, the
purpose of government SHOULD be..." In fact, the purpose of government in this
country has rtaditionally been defined as so far outside your boundaries it's
barely recognizable from your description. And most governments aren't
defined thusly. So it is your opinion but not reality and not anything like a
commonly agreed upon principle, nor is it the definition of government in our
constitution.

>From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in
between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.
(http://aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000023)