[NEohioPAL] Review of CPH's "Malhalia: A Gospel Musical"

Martifalk at aol.com Martifalk at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 20:46:48 PST 2009

I am white, Catholic and over 60 and I thought Mahalia was wonderful. It  was
the story of her singing and what she sang and lived was gospel. Every
playwright chooses the part of the story they will tell. Her biography is  outlined
in the program. I thought the staging was fun and the supporting actors  did
just what they were supposed to do, I laughed and clapped and snapped my
fingers, sang along and wept a little too. I hope you folks will not be put off
by a lukewarm review. I am still smiling.  I would go back again tomorrow  and
I just may.  The show runs through next Sunday and you can get ten  dollars
off any ticket if you have a flyer or use the promotion code "word". The
reviewer was right about the singing. It is wonderful.  I saw the real  Mahalia
Jackson and this production does her justice.

Marti Franks

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)