[NEohioPAL] Hudson Players Premier Run of "An Evening With the Taffetas and Cardigans" Wows Audiences

Gary Maher gmaher at alltel.net
Fri Feb 20 06:30:25 PST 2009

What? You haven't seen this show yet? Now is the time! There are only two
more weekends including this one and audiences are loving it!

Guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a tap in your toe!

Hudson Players Continues Crowd Pleasing Run of

An Evening with the Taffetas and The Cardigans

The Hudson Players have limited performances left of the crowd pleasing,
national premier of the back-to-back, fun 50's musical journey - An Evening
With the Taffetas and Cardigans. Created by Rick Lewis and sponsored by the
Laurel Lake Foundation, the show features the 'reunion' of two fictional
50's era harmony groups presented with stylized humor and a whiz bang good
time. Early audiences have responded with standing ovations and a toe
tapping good time.

Tickets are $12 (with group, senior and student discounts available) and can
be purchased online at www.hudsonplayers.com <http://www.hudsonplayers.com/>
or by calling 330-329-3287. The remaining shows are February 20, 21, 22, 27
& 28. Curtain time is 8 p.m. for all performances except February 22, which
is a special 2 p.m. matinee.

It's 1950-something, and Kaye, Peggy, Cheryl and Donna, four singing sisters
from Muncie, Indiana are making their national television singing debut.
"Spotlight on Music," a fictitious weekly 1950's television show on the
real-life Dumont Television Network, sets the framework for an evening of
some of the greatest hits of the 1950's. A tribute to the girl groups of the
1950's, The Taffeta's pay tribute to the sounds of The McGuire Sisters, The
Fontaine Sisters and The Chordettes. Opening Off-Broadway almost two years
before "Forever Plaid," THE TAFFETAS made nostalgia what it is today! Spend
the evening with The Taffeta's and remember what Sunday night television was
like on your 12-inch black and white screen!

The Cardigans, Those Swingin' Singin' Guys from Alpha Mu Phi Pi;  The first
and original male sequel to The Taffetas, The Cardigans hail from Wooster,
Ohio - the College of Wooster, to be exact! Chuck, Frankie, Johnny and Buddy
who have just been graduated, leaving behind their pals at Alpha Mu Phi Pi,
embark on their first live personal appearance tour join the boys as they
reminisce about their college days, their ex-girlfriends, their childhoods
as sons of Protestant ministers, and their newly found fame as singing
idols. They'll sing some of the greatest hits of the 1950's - songs they
recorded on their first album, "Wooster in my Heart." The Cardigans is
music, fun and harmony. Winner of the 1990 New York Bistro Award For
Outstanding Musical Revue.

An Evening with The Taffetas and The Cardigans, was conceived by Rick Lewis
and is directed by Matthew Dolan.

The Hudson Players are located right in the heart of Hudson, Ohio in the
Barlow Community Center.

>From the North, simply exit 480 at Rt. 91 in Twinsburg and head south. Take
a left on Rt. 303 (just past the clocktower) and a right on Oviatt St. The
Barlow Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the
road.

>From the South, exit Rt. 8 at the 303 exit and head east (right). After you
head through the center of town, make a right onto Oviatt St. The Barlow
Community Center will be on the left hand side just a block down the road.

The Hudson Players are one of the area's longest running community theaters.
With a rich history of great shows, community involvement and an
ultra-friendly performing environment the group embodies its unofficial
slogan of "good shows, good friends, good times.