[NEohioPAL] FPAC's "Rent-Student Edition"...A MUST SEE

K. Mihalik kim_mihalik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 06:23:17 PST 2009

I had the privilege of seeing "Rent" last Saturday night starring the students of the FPAC program. All I can say is, GO SEE IT.

I realize there are many ways to spend your arts dollar to see excellent theatre here in town, starring many of you. However, if you want to be inspired as an artist or even just be amazed by a group of very talented kids, see this show. The passion for what we all do that was exuded on that stage by the next generation, charged with keeping the arts alive in the coming years, will give you confidence that theatre is in good hands now and in the future.

Some of the material, as most of you know, was challenging and these kids rose and met that challenge. At certain times, you have to remind yourself, "These are students!"

Again, I know that there are many, many wonderful productions that have either just ended or are opening soon; I look forward to seeing you!  But next weekend, get to see "Rent." I hope it rejuvenates that theatre gene in you the way it did me.

Best regards,
Kim Mihalik