[NEohioPAL] Welcome Back to LCCC and Stocker Arts Center!

Janet Barlow jbarlow at lorainccc.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:24:40 PST 2009

Welcome back to LCCC!

You probably have heard about the truly unfortunate fire at Lorain
County Community College which affected many buildings on campus,
including Stocker Arts Center...but, along with classes starting,
Stocker is
reopening!

The Stocker Arts Center staff invites you to join us for 2 great events
this week that provide us with the opportunity to come together, have
some fun, celebrate the arts and our resilient campus community!

Thursday, February 26th from 4 - 8pm in the Beth K. Stocker Art Gallery
for the Artist Reception for Reid Wood and his solo exhibition,
Part to Whole: 1973-2008.

During the reception, Reid will be taking visitors on 2 gallery
tours/talks at 4pm and 7pm.

Reid Wood headed up the visual art department for many years at LCCC.
Luckily, his art escaped damage and we are proud to present his
retrospective exhibition.  The event is free, fun and we'll be serving
refreshments!  We invite you to celebrate this fabulous exhibition which
showcases many years of artistic creativity through a variety of media
including printmaking, sculpture, mixed-media collage, artist's books,
as well as collaborative projects with other artists.

The exhibition will be up during regular gallery hours (10:30am-2:30pm)
or by appointment (call 366-4140 for information) through March 25th,
and is a "must see!"  It features

Join in the positive vibes as
Street Drum Corps drums away the blues
Friday, February 27th at 7:30 pm!

This family friendly group has been described as punk-rock Stomp along
with a mix of the Blue Man Group - and they will be all over the radio
in the next few months!   You may have seen them on the road recently
with Matisyahu, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Used, on last summer's Warped
Tour, or featured on the season's biggest arena tour supporting Linkin
Park and Chris Cornell.  Right now they're working in the studio on
their new Interscope Records album with Dr. Dre, and others, including
The Matrix.  Friday night you can see them right here at Stocker Arts
Center at LCCC! http://www.streetdrumcorps.com
<http://www.streetdrumcorps.com>  or
www.myspace.com/streetdrumcorps <http://www.myspace.com/streetdrumcorps>

In Advance Tickets: $15/Adults; $10/Children 12 and under.

TAKE A CHANCE! Tickets are available ($7.50/each as of 6pm on the day of
show) --- and as many of our patrons tell us - it is well worth it to
"take a chance!"

We look forward to welcoming everyone back to LCCC and Stocker Arts
Center!

Best,
Janet

Janet Herman Barlow, Director, Stocker Arts Center

Lorain County  Community College

1005 North Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio  44035

440.366.7105 or 1.800.995.5222 ext. 7105

440.366.4101 [fax]

jbarlow at lorainccc.edu <mailto:jbarlow at lorainccc.edu>

www.lorainccc.edu/stocker <http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>