[NEohioPAL] Script for the Wedekind's original "Spring Awakening"/"The Awakening of Spring"?

Lincoln King-Cliby lking-cliby at lincoln.homeip.net
Mon Mar 9 17:19:53 PDT 2009

[I posted this last night, but I never saw it show up... I think I may have
posted from an address that's not subscribed to NEOPAL, and appologies if
you're reading a 2nd copy of this]

 I haven't really gotten anywhere with Google, so I figured I'd ask here:

The musical version of Spring Awakening makes for a very compelling show --
one of the more compelling I've seen recently, and one of very few where I'm
considering shelling out another $70 to see it a 2nd time during the same
run. The music and lyrics are downright intoxicating (Oh, if only I
had someone to whom I could use the line "We've all got our junk and my junk
is you" or seem that exhuberant while uttering the phrase "totally f****ed")
if the imagery is more than a bit explicit at times.

Anyway... I'd really like to get my hands on the script for the original
(1891) play to read for my own enlightenment... and I'm not having any luck.

Electronic or paper doesn't matter, but an English translation is
critical... any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Lincoln