[NEohioPAL] To Theatre Dog Lovers

Lynn Corwin puppies456 at alltel.net
Tue Mar 10 08:43:03 PDT 2009

Dear Theatre Friends:

It is with a heavy heart that I write this email.  As many of you know, Al and I adopted two purebred miniature pinschers from the Ashtabula County Animal Shelter on 11/23/08.  We had to put our beloved Annabelle to sleep on 11/14 and we made a snap decision to adopt these little cuties while we were grief-stricken, emotional wrecks.  We had the best of intentions to give these little guys a loving home, and we are heartbroken that it is not working out.

Laurel and Hardy are adorable.  Two vets think they are father and son.  They weigh 11 and 12 pounds, respectively.  We were just at the vet today for a checkup and they are totally healthy, as they were when we adopted them.  They are 4 and 4-1/2 years old but act like puppies.  They are active, but not wild.  They are warm and sweet, superior snugglers and sleep right up against our bodies at night, usually mine.  They love and welcome all people, but they are not too crazy about other dogs.  We are taking obedience classes every Sunday and they are learning.

We realize now that we made a mistake by adopting them.  We should have adopted another laid back mutt.  I have a rare autoimmune illness that prevents me from keeping up with two dogs, as I have strength and balance problems (have fallen several times), and the stress of having two independent, sometimes stubborn dogs has been harmful to me.  Al has a lot of arthritic and joint problems, and he also needs a dog who will just lay around.  Also, Laurel and Hardy want to be around people (us) all the time, so they should be in a home where there are more people (healthy people) to interact with.

I can tell you they are beautiful, precious purebred min pins.  I'm sure they would be happy in the right home.  They just aren't a good match for us.  We will not take them to a shelter, nor will we separate them.  We are looking to place them (for free) in a good, loving home.  We don't want them to pay for our mistake in judgment.

Do you know of anyone who might be interested in having these little guys?  We would be happy to drive them anywhere for a look-see or do whatever we have to do to place them in the right home.  Please ask around and let me know.  And feel free to give anyone my phone numbers.  (I know some of you don't live in Cleveland, but maybe you know someone who does.)

And thanks for trying to help us make this right for these darling little dogs.

Lynn Corwin

home  330-467-3031      cell  216-570-1076