[NEohioPAL] 03/23/09 - SEAN PRATT PRESENTS HIS WEEKLY ARTICLE ON THE BUSINESS OF THE BIZ

seanpratt at comcast.net seanpratt at comcast.net
Sun Mar 22 12:36:23 PDT 2009

03/23/09 - SEAN PRATT PRESENTS HIS WEEKLY ARTICLE ON THE BUSINESS OF THE BIZ

Audition Preparation – Tailoring Your Theater Audition to the Performance Space.

The military have a saying, “Train like we fight, fight like we train.”  The more realistic the setting in which a soldier is placed during an exercise the better his chances are of successfully completing a real mission.  And while you’re not training to defend your country, the same maxim applies when rehearsing your theatre audition.  One aspect of this is anticipating the setting in which you’ll be performing.

To read the rest of this article go to: http://playwrights.suite101.com/article.cfm/audition_preparation

Sean Pratt has been a professional actor for more than 20 years and teaches classes, provides career coaching as well as other products and services related to the Biz. www.seanprattpresents.com

Every week he publishes an article on the Business of the BIZ for http://www.suite101.com/ The world's most comprehensive independent online magazine: written and edited by professionals, trusted by over twelve million monthly readers!